Elvis contributes recipe to James Burton cookbook

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis contributes recipe to James Burton cookbook

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/ ... ck_check=1

James Burton Foundation releases dessert cookbook

Dec 11, 2012

!t's not often you get to check out recipes from musicians and artists like Emmylou Harris, Elvis Costello and John Goodman, but with the new "James Burton Foundation Dessert Cookbook: Family, Friends, Artists," you can sample some of their favorite treats.

"Can you imagine what Elvis Costello sent in?" said renowned guitarist James Burton
. "All the recipes are fantastic and the humor and the pictures and everything. It's all about my friends and family and the artists who donated these wonderful recipes."

Founded in 2005, the mission of the James Burton Foundation is to help being musical education back in the schools. All the proceeds from the cookbook benefit the foundation.

"I want to keep music in schools because children are going to take over our legacy when we're gone, and we want to give them the best knowledge and the best everything," Burton said. "These children will be tomorrow's guitarists and the leaders of our music world, hopefully."

Born in Dubblery, La., Burton has worked alongside musical greats such as Ricky Nelson, Merle Haggard and Elvis Presely. He also created and played the guitar solo on the 1957 hit song "Susie Q." In 2001, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Even with all these great accomplishments, Burton isn't done leaving his mark on the music industry. He is gearing up for a tour in January and has big plans for a James Burton museum located near his foundation in Shreveport.

In between shows and cookbooks, Burton makes appearances at children's hospitals nationwide where he donates guitars. Since the organization began, they have given thousands of guitars to children in need. Recipients are also invited to play in Burton's studio located at his foundation's headquarters.

In addition to recipes by musicians, Burton has shared a few of his late mother's recipes, including a rum cake which has received rave reviews by actor Steven Seagal.

"This cookbook is just fantastic. I think everybody is going to want one, and they need one because of all the great desserts," Burton said.

http://www.jamesburtonfoundation.org/20 ... pre-order/
Last edited by johnfoyle on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jocko Wainwright

Re: Elvis contributes recipe to James Burton coookbook

Post by Jocko Wainwright »

It's hard to imagine Elvis in the kitchen. I imagine there is sneering at cutlery involved.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Fruit tart?
History History

Post by History History »

Jocko Wainwright wrote:It's hard to imagine Elvis in the kitchen. I imagine there is sneering at cutlery involved.
Well, someone's creeping in the kitchen...
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis contributes recipe to James Burton cookbook

Post by johnfoyle »

Just got the James Burton cookbook, 5 days door to door at this time of year - impressive. Elvis 'n Diana contribute a recipe featuring fruits 'n balsamic vinegar ' for those who like a little sour with their sweet'. Hmmm...I think I'd prefer, amongst others, Emmylou Harris' Ma's Lemon Icebox Pie
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

johnfoyle wrote:Image

Just got the James Burton cookbook, 5 days door to door at this time of year - impressive. Elvis 'n Diana contribute a recipe featuring fruits 'n balsamic vinegar ' for those who like a little sour with their sweet'. Hmmm...I think I'd prefer, amongst others, Emmylou Harris' Ma's Lemon Icebox Pie
There's an Elvis Presley Avenue in Shreveport, LA? Cool!
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Sounds too healthy for dessert. I would swap that anytime for my mom's fruit desserts - peach cobbler, pineapple upside-down cake or english trifle (w/out the booze).