stage times

Pretty self-explanatory
millaa

stage times

Post by millaa »

just curious, what time are they usually on stage? I assume there isn't a support band.
nicola76

Re: stage times

Post by nicola76 »

The shows I've been at so far (Glasgow. Liverpool and Newcastle) had no support and started around 8:10.
terryhurley

Post by terryhurley »

Brighton & Nottingham both started at around 8.10 (give or take 5 minutes). No support!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Ditto!

The theatres have asked for people in their seats for an 8pm start but the shows start at 8.10pm.

Simple tip - the pre-stage music has been Booker T and the MGs. If you hear the words "Rise robots rise" then get to your seat as fast as you can as the show's about to begin!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
millaa

Post by millaa »

Great, thanks.

Is it me or are bands starting to play earlier with no support these days. I saw The Waterboys recently and they did the same.
the_roofdog

Post by the_roofdog »

Well, it's not as if he finishes any earlier. Nearly missed me train in Manchester...
Little Fool

Post by Little Fool »

Bournemouth was an 8.10 start and the 2 hours 45 mins of brilliant entertainment.
I think that local authority curfew laws in residential areas mean that gigs have to be finished by 11.00pm
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

millaa wrote:Is it me or are bands starting to play earlier with no support these days. I saw The Waterboys recently and they did the same.
As if you weren't suffering enough :lol:

Elvis more often than not does not have a support act. He plays between 2 and 3 hours. Definitely more value for money and it prevents the masses spending more time in the bar...

From memory though he's had some great ones - Cast, Chris Difford, Difford and Tilbrook, Larkin Poe, The Pogues to name a few.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?