Elvis plays Prague, Nov. 4, 2011

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis plays Prague, Nov. 4, 2011

Post by sweetest punch »

http://kultura.ihned.cz/c1-51505580-bri ... ve-v-praze

Google translation:
British gentleman, Elvis Costello plays the first time in Prague
Liverpool native will 4th November at the Congress Centre.
Live Beetle Ringo Starr plays the first time in this country. A ticket will cost up to five Czech
"After Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Bruce Springsteen and Tom Waits Elvis Costello So come, perhaps, the most of his colleagues over the imaginary variety of musical genres," the organizers said the agency
Last edited by sweetest punch on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis plays Prague, Nov.4, 2011

Post by johnfoyle »

Interesting. This means Elvis' European itinerary is no longer specifically Scandinavian (or there abouts). Shows in the U.K. and Ireland just have to be next.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I'm in Sofia, Bulgaria in the middle of October if you're reading this Elvis.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Yanyna

Re: Elvis plays Prague, Nov. 4, 2011

Post by Yanyna »

Before and after this show are a few days free. I wonder what will he be doing...Prague is beautiful in autumn, so I advice a few days off in my hometown :-)
"Everything Important I Learned In Life Was From Woody Allen."
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Yanyna wrote:Before and after this show are a few days free. I wonder what will he be doing...Prague is beautiful in autumn, so I advice a few days off in my hometown :-)
I advise a few days working in my home town :D :D

[ ever the optimist ]

Colin Top Balcony
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

It's OK for you, Top Balcony, my home village (Bere Alston, Devon) does boast a Parish Hall but I can't see it as a likely EC concert venue - the last epic performance there was yours truly at the County Primary School Nativity Play - yes, I was an angel !! :roll: :lol:
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

http://life.ihned.cz/c1-51505580-britsk ... ve-v-praze

This preview has a link to one of Docinwestchester's youtube videos - EC and the Sugarcanes at WNYC.

MOOT
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Man out of Time wrote:http://life.ihned.cz/c1-51505580-britsk ... ve-v-praze

This preview has a link to one of Docinwestchester's youtube videos - EC and the Sugarcanes at WNYC.

MOOT
Dr. Watson from the Greene Space show...fantastic choice!

For those who haven't noticed, my YouTube channel is growing by leaps and bounds. I'm trying my best to create a EC video archive that can be used by all. I'm getting DVD's and VHS tapes from all over the world. If you have anything to contribute - and there's a lot missing - please feel free to contact me.

BTW, my favorite is still this clip with Glenn Tilbrook:

From A Whisper To A Scream

Wacky and surreal, especially the little boy at the end with his tour pass and roadie jacket.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

yeh, too much video, not enough audio! bronx westchester connection needs a new audio uploader; docs too busy with vids! :lol: :lol: :lol:
was MY unplugged any better???
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:yeh, too much video, not enough audio! bronx westchester connection needs a new audio uploader; docs too busy with vids! :lol: :lol: :lol:
was MY unplugged any better???
Same quality with slightly less content - it's not a prebroadcast tape.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Whilst I'm OK, but a bit lazy with Dime,and the feeling that quality is always an issue with the Dime moderators, I'd be willing to look at upping shows to some other format but my problem lies with the fact that my live show collecting only really took off around 1983-4 so the earlier shows and particularly the US tour concerts are likely to be multi-generation cassette copies (which even BA might concede can sound a bit hissy !!) Furthermore I spent about 6 years converting my cassettes to minidisc, even allowing for the compression in the attempt to get them in a digital format ( which makes producing CDrs that much easier) and this also is regarded as a compromise for audio quality. I don't want to get into a debate on the merits of recording to the best quality format and the relative merits of analogue,/digital /16 bit/24 bit/ mike types etc because quite often the original recording doesn't justify the expense and effort trying to present the show to a wider audience. I'm also a little bit concerned that in today's environment of easy high quality audience recording, we get a little blase about the efforts of those who intentionally go to concerts and run the risk of having their expensive recorders being confiscated and/or being thrown out and missing a show they've paid a large amount of money to see.
It has been a long term ambition of mine to start making my way through the EC wiki and putting up the shows that aren't listed as flac files but
1) I don't know how to go about this though I guess it shouldn't be too difficult and I could check with JohnE and
2) I'm a professional with a limited amount of spare time so that tends to get put on the backburner whilst I'm trading with the good folk of the UK and beyond !!
I guess this has nothing to do with Prague so apologies for "kidnapping the thread" but I'd be happy to almost make trading redundant by having every show available to all who would want it.
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

sulky lad wrote: I'm also a little bit concerned that in today's environment of easy high quality audience recording, we get a little blase about the efforts of those who intentionally go to concerts and run the risk of having their expensive recorders being confiscated and/or being thrown out and missing a show they've paid a large amount of money to see.
Quite - here's my reply to a w****er who had the gall to criticize the sound quality of a host of Revolver uploads to Dime :

"As to the remarks above about the poor quality of the other recordings, I must say I find this really disrespectful to the elite army of tapers who have risked being chucked out of the shows for our benefit.

Unless you are lucky enough to have Glynn Johns and the Rolling Stones Mobile Recording Studio down your kecks then there is always a risk that the outcome may be less than optimal. But and it's a huge BUT these are the only way that those of us not attending can appreciate the concert, so I have to say that I'm really happy and grateful for all the recordings from the Revolver Tour and so to my ears they all sound great."

In reply to my own post earlier in this string my optimism is somewhat diminished...

Colin Top Balcony
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Thanks Colin, always True Blue !
Yanyna

Post by Yanyna »

now two people can win one ticket to the show...the question is pretty easy: what is the real name of EC? link:http://www.ticketpro.cz/jnp/club/soutez ... ionUid=271

But I´m no longer optimist, the selling is really poor. And except two or three articles in newspapers on the internet long time ago there is no single poster or advert to the show in the whole city...
Attachments
sold seats
sold seats
tickets2.jpg (198.47 KiB) Viewed 24968 times
verbal gymnastics

But at least there's no cancellation.

Yet?
Yanyna

Post by Yanyna »

No, there isn´t. I really admire your optimism. I wish I had it too :)
docinwestchester

2nd row R orchestra, right on the aisle still available? What do you think, ba? Roadtrip?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

no passport :(
verbal gymnastics

If their border control is anything like the UKs is, that won't be an issue :lol:
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Hard selling happening!

http://www.pragueout.cz/hudba/articles/elvis-costello

Google translation -

Elvis Costello

On 4 November 2011 to fulfill another dream of fans of modern rock and pop music.

Englishman with Irish blood, Elvis Costello will perform for the first time in the Czech Republic fourth November 2011 at 20:00 am at the Palace of Congress - Congress Hall. The concert will take at least 2 hours, but the artist promises a longer program the reactions of fans.

Will come to Prague for the first time with her intimate performance. After Dylan, Cohen, Waits, and Springsteen is coming Elvis Costello, perhaps, the most of your imaginary colleagues over a variety of musical genres.

Elvis Costello approached the form of his speech in a telephone interview:

What program - approximately - will experience Prague?

E.C. : I really do not know yet what songs Czech audience may know and expect. In places where I play for the first time, the mutual respect of such performance. Of course I will try for the best selection of songs. By the way, Prague is a place where I always wanted a look. From solo concert but do not expect a quiet, intimate gathering, but a true rock and roll one-man show. Although it is a different sound when I create everything myself and I'm not behind the band, but people are surprised to reality version of songs that are familiar from recordings.

What advantages has a solo show?

E.C. : In his solo concerts do not have to limit what is in the band repertoire. The mood in the hall I choose songs from throughout his career, I can flexibly change the program. Alternate songs wilder and quieter, the oldest and brand new, cover-version that I played before ... And always try to surprise the audience with something as well.

http://kultura.idnes.cz/muze-se-protahn ... _hudba_jaz

Google translation -

It may stretch until midnight, says Elvis Costello concert of Prague

28th September 2011

For the first time Elvis arrives. Although this has the surname Costello, it's for fans of musical event. Not for nothing is he called the pop encyclopedia. Speakers fourth November at the Prague Congress Centre.

Elvis Costello was on many boards crucial for the development of rock and pop music.

He collaborated with Paul McCartney and young Fallout Boy. We will first time on 4 November at the Prague Congress Centre with the chamber, solo show. Tickets for the concert are sold for 990 to 2 200 crowns.

And their first home gig seriously. "I played everything goes. I have a lot of songs, so it still could take up to midnight, if I leave it and someone was interested," he says with a laugh Elvis Costello.

Songs from the lottery

It is certain that not one of the musicians, who goes on tours to the board. "The last album National Ransom apparently heard something, but since it's my first gig with you, I want to play my whole career section and the seasons. Nothing better comes to mind," says Costello sincere voice.

The specific form of the program yet will probably decide at the last minute. When driving tour with his band The Imposters, Costello brings with it even a giant wheel with the names of songs. "It's always someone from the audience, and we spin the play on which it falls. The whole show, it gives a different rhythm and humor. I believe that the songs are different when you play in a different context. And for me this is a true test news - if established stand next to pieces, "says singer-songwriter.

What started as a cute experiment ended as hard routine. "We ended up with the idea because they had to teach one hundred and fifty songs! So extensive is my current concert repertoire," says Costello. Of course, in such quantities that sometimes things go wrong, but that does not have Costello's head. "That's sometimes shit, it's part of the game. And I think the audience for this kind of waiting. This may happen when the bike falls on a complex composition must be just before the concert, when they are all tired. But I think of the arrange a new place, and it's magic. "

And even though the wheels in Europe confess ("I think it wants to have an English speaking audience, so it sounded to him fully. Moreover, in Prague, I have yet to imagine," says Elvis Costello), the adventures of a concert is not obviously an emergency. Although his discography includes dozens of items and scattering ranges from pubrock the Nashville country music, the man became a symbol of strong glasses, a large studio in the future work planned.

"Certainly we record something, but I do not plan. I have no recording contract with the publisher, nor for any desire. I think there has been a fundamental change in how we perceive music. Currently still write a new song just because I played it on one concert and left it there, "says Costello.

Writing must be natural

After so many years, had decided to follow one rule: Everything must go naturally. "I know a lot of songwriters who are struggling to write yourself. I'm not the type. It's like drawing. Children take the crayon and draws from it because they simply happy. Once more, so leave it because it's tired. Likewise, lots of children singing, and most adults except in church, "says musical renditions of the profession.

"We are trying to find new ways to distribute music. I'm at the stage where we need not worry if I'm in the course or in vogue. That's what I had to think about thirty years ago. If you do not like what I am doing so well, do not care I was. I do not have to persuade anybody. I do not need to do a logo, make-up or cognitive signs, "Costello discusses his position on the music scene. The logical question is what is known for his glasses, corresponds again with a smile: "The ones I'd never thought about. I'm just wrong and do not see my lenses. I never took glasses as something unusual. Just have to see."
verbal gymnastics

Brilliant. It looks like I was wrong 8)
:D

I'm still wondering what the 2nd cancelled show is though. It had better not be 10th in Amsterdam...
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Considering how information about the European shows was only found in a piece meal fashion and rarely from Elvis' site it seems likely that a date and location was 'out there' undetected by us ( o.k. - me!). Maybe a such a date has, therefore, been dropped, missed and never known about in the first place!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

verbal gymnastics

johnfoyle wrote:Considering how information about the European shows was only found in a piece meal fashion and rarely from Elvis' site it seems likely that a date and location was 'out there' undetected by us ( o.k. - me!). Maybe a such a date has, therefore, been dropped, missed and never known about in the first place!
Maybe that poster of Elvis Solo in my local pub wasn't a joke after all. :lol: