the Beat

Pretty self-explanatory
SweetPear

the Beat

Post by SweetPear »

For the past two days I've spent a lot of time in the car. I've played the Beat about a thousand times (with Little Triggers thrown in there every once in a while) just over and over.
Two amazing songs that I am really loving right now!

So lets hear everything you know about the Beat. What does it mean? Explain it to me.
I'm not angry anymore....
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I remember reading somewhere it was about, erm, self love eg Have you been a good boy?, have you played with your toy?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

For some reason I never associated any deep meanings with anything on This Year's Model, except maybe "Little Triggers." To me, it all sounds like fun fast, loud pop songs.

And I mean that in a good way!
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

I tend to agree w/you Bluechair. TYM was also a record that I never owned (but had heard.) I don't listen to any vinyl anymore :( and CD's are just so easy to pop in and repeat and program and etc...so I find myself really hammering the heck out of certain songs (and discs.)
And of course, being so much more mature and thoughtful :roll: than I was way back in 1978....i find myself scrutinizing alot of music. But enjoyably so! I think also that you do it because you just have had so many more experiences (as an adult of 40...) than a 15 year old.
Anyway, I just got the reissue of TYM and actually don't remember alot of it. What got me thinking about the Beat was somewhere in another thread someone quoted the lines "I been thinkin' about your mother, I don't want to lick them...."
I surmised the good boy/toy to be just as you, um, intimated VG. :oops:
Apparently nobody wants to touch this w/a ten foot pole!!
I just thought one of you EC FANATICS had some kind of story about the content and possible relevance (sp?) this little tune has.
Oh well.
I'm not angry anymore....