Elvis this year at the Montreux Jazz Festival maybe?

Pretty self-explanatory
faithfull

Elvis this year at the Montreux Jazz Festival maybe?

Post by faithfull »

Hello!

Me brandnew to this forum.

I would like to introduce myself: My name is Roland, calling myself faithfull (user) as a huge fan of Marianne Faithfull. I am 38 and do live in Basel, which is in the north west of Switzerland. Me half Swiss-half Italian.

I am a huge music fan - especially pop and rock. Marianne Faithfull, David Bowie, The Doors, Janis Joplin...but the list is neverenging, so better stop now :)

As for Elvis Costello: only seen once, back in 2002 in Zurich. What a hell of a performance!!! Just UNFORGETTABLE!

This first time, I would like to know if somebody knows if Elvis will tour in Montreux? The program will be reveiled in April only but you know, sometimes we know certain acts in advance. For instance: Marianne Faithfull on July 13 and maybe even Tom Waits (to be guest at HER concert).

Besides, are there some fans of Marianne in this forum? But don't be scared, I won't talk about her all the time, just this time as being curious about this 8)

Have a nice day!
Attachments
Marianne.jpg
Marianne.jpg (42.78 KiB) Viewed 5690 times
taramasalata

Re: Elvis this year at the Montreux Jazz Festival maybe?

Post by taramasalata »

Hi faithfull
sorry to disappoint you about Marianne, though I don't mind her, it's just not that I find her musically interesting...but I'm glad to read about any single EC fan more in Switzerland on this forum, so welcome!
I also saw him in Zurich on his great WIWC tour in 2002, a gig that was most impressive for his memorable obstinacy in cracking the Zurich audience's stiffness in aggressively chasing them out of their plush seats! And he did succeed!
But he was also excellent together with Allen Toussaint in Lucerne in 2007. With his twins and wife back home I doubt that he will be up for such exotic places like Switzerland in the near future, there are places in the world where people worship his work more than here...
jmm

Post by jmm »

Nothing on EC but Allen will be there

ALLEN TOUSSAINT tour dates as of 2/28/2009 (new dates added)

Tour dates are subject to change. Please check the local listing or contact the venue for information regarding tickets, showtimes, and addresses.

========================
New dates
7/16/2009 Montreux Jazz Festival, Montreux Switzerland
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Allen Toussaint Podcast - Stern Grove Festival, July 6, 2008

http://sterngrove.org/podcast_allentoussaint.html