Bargain Buy

Pretty self-explanatory
blooch

Bargain Buy

Post by blooch »

I know this is just a trivial question but what is your bargain buy of Ecs albums and what is the most you have paid as you just had to have it? Oh, and which album would you never let anyone have under any circumstances and which one would you give away to the next passer by? Four questions in one. What a bargain!
Mikeh

Re: Bargain Buy

Post by Mikeh »

blooch wrote:I know this is just a trivial question but what is your bargain buy of Ecs albums and what is the most you have paid as you just had to have it? Oh, and which album would you never let anyone have under any circumstances and which one would you give away to the next passer by? Four questions in one. What a bargain!
Bargain buy was a) the LP version of Get Happy as the shopkeeper convinced herself the sleeve was damaged. (Remember the artificial aging on the LP sleeve?) or b) the CD of Out of Our Idiot which WH Smiths had put in a sale of Various Artists cds.

Never paid a lot, but my most expensive was a cassette bootleg from a record fair which turned out to be blank.

I don't have a priceless item, but KOA was the first CD I ever bought so I woud not part with that. And the item I would give away is The Sweetest Punch by Bill Frissell (and believe me I have tried to give it away many times.) I know its not strictly an EC album, my wife describes it as something you would hear in Debenhams.
blooch

Post by blooch »

I forgot about that Bill Frisell album. I think i played once then hung it up in the garden to scare the pigeons off my cabbages lol. I saw Terrorvision live in norwich a few weeks ago and they are from bradford. Do you know them?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I got my second vinyl copy of Get Happy in a tiny record shop in St. Austell in Cornwall when shopping with my aged great uncle and I bought From Head To toe and had the album given away for free. My father refused to go back in and buy a second single to get me a further single and free album. I bought an American King Biscuit Flower Hour vinyl album from a certain well advertised Plymouth record dealer for a huge amount (£50 back in 1988) which turned out not to be the Spectrum Philadelphia show from August 1984 and not Portland show as advertised (Incidentally does anyone have the full Philadelphia show from 11 Aug 1984 ?)
I wouldn't trade my copy of Live At The Palomino for anything and I'd give away my copy of the Eurthymics album with Adrian on it anytime !
Mikeh

Post by Mikeh »

blooch wrote: I saw Terrorvision live in norwich a few weeks ago and they are from bradford. Do you know them?
No, I don't know Terrorvision personally, but I know the group. They were the biggest thing from Bradford since Smokie (and THAT is big!) but now I think they only play occasionally.
littletriggers

Post by littletriggers »

Eh probably £50 or so for the four cd set from the States which was the first thing I had to buy when I first bought a computer, and had no idea how to use Ebay and Paypal . I was also ripped for half a dozen boots I bought off of indirect family once who came by them completely by luck . As far as giving anything away to passers by I wouldn't waste my time ask any passer by and they will only remember Olivers Army so it would be like educating pork. I'm still kicking myself for missing the King Biscuit Boot today on Ebay went for less then a tenner which is shame really an indictment of todays ebay prices and the power of mp3 - cdr sharing amongst the masses .