Nintendo Wii

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
PARTY GIRL

Nintendo Wii

Post by PARTY GIRL »

My husband bought me a Nintendo Wii for my birthday this week and WOW!!! it is the best. It must be truly bad for you to have soooo much fun!!!! My whole body aches especially my right arm - will probably look like a Russian shot putter on my right side!!! The controls take some getting used to - us trying to play billiards was a scream!!
Can anybody recommend any excellent games - I have Wii Fit, Sports, Sonic, Party, Play , Big Brain Academy and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.
I have seen the Guitar Hero 3 or whatever its called - is that any good?? Also is it worth investing in any of the add-ons such as pool que, tennis racket?
Being a girlie I am not very keen on manly (!) fighting games. Sorry to ask so much but this stuff is quite pricey.
Any ideas will be hugely appreciated. :D
maybe someday we can go hiding from this world
Who Shot Sam?

Re: Nintendo Wii

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I've played a few times and my boy wants one in the worst way. I think my wife would file for divorce if I ever brought one home.

Mario Galaxy is a blast. The latest Zelda game is another good one.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I've heard that the Wii Buttfuck game is quite good. You may want to get the add-on tissues though.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:I've heard that the Wii Buttfuck game is quite good. You may want to get the add-on tissues though.
You've heard it's good? Wink, wink say no more.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Emotional Toothpaste

Post by Emotional Toothpaste »

I'm not a gamer, but I got the Wii for the kiddos this past Christmas.

We have Wii Sports, Carnival, Madden Football, and Guitar Hero 3. All are fun, and I especially enjoy Guitar Hero 3, having mastered all the songs on medium difficulty, but now that I'm up to advanced level, I'm kind've tired of it.

Call of Duty 3 I rented and it was a blast, but can make you dizzy after playing for any longer than an hour.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

The kids have enjoyed many different games, but if you don't like violence then Carnival is really fun. Also we just got Mario Kart and everyone has enjoyed that a lot. You can use the steering wheel it comes it or you can use a regular controller.

You're funny, Solack. That teddy bear avatar really suits you.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Red & I have one and we love it. We aren't addicted, though we anticipate that changing when we get Mario Kart.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
migdd

Post by migdd »

so lacklustre wrote:I've heard that the Wii Buttfuck game is quite good. You may want to get the add-on tissues though.

Really? What kind of controller do you use for that?

Notice I said YOU. :lol:
Last edited by migdd on Fri May 16, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

spooky girlfriend wrote:The kids have enjoyed many different games, but if you don't like violence then Carnival is really fun. Also we just got Mario Kart and everyone has enjoyed that a lot. You can use the steering wheel it comes it or you can use a regular controller.

You're funny, Solack. That teddy bear avatar really suits you.
That ain't no teddy, it's Sooty!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sooty

signed with love and vicious kisses
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Wow...I must be one of the poorest people in this community too!! :(
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.