Pretty self-explanatory
invisible Pole

Roger McGuinn & Elvis

Post by invisible Pole »

No, not a new album.

Elvis get mentioned twice in this interview with Roger McGuinn :

http://www.popmatters.com/music/intervi ... 0731.shtml

Excerpts

Can you think of any current bands whose music will stand the test of time?
Well, I look at Elvis Costello ... Are you talking about really, really current?

Well, not the pop charts...
No Britney Spears?

No, nothing like that. Here today, gone yesterday.
I think Wilco is going to definitely stand the test of time -- no question -- and Uncle Tupelo, and the whole No Depression scene, which is now alt-country. I think that's going to be around a long time.

[....]

As a legend yourself, you've worked with some of rock's biggest legends. Is there anybody else you would like to collaborate with, if the opportunity arose?
I'm pretty happy the way things are. I've done a lot of wonderful collaborations with, like, Tom Petty, Elvis Costello, and have gotten to work with Dylan and hang out with the Beatles. It's been really great. And Pete Seeger -- he was one who was on my list, and I finally did get to collaborate with him on a project a couple of years ago called Treasures from the Folk Den, which is a CD on Appleseed Recordings.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Roger McGuinn is very much like Elvis in that a good way to discover music you might not otherwise think about is by reading interviews with him.

Thanks for sharing that, IP.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Miclewis

Post by Miclewis »

Last year, there was a new cover of Dylan's "Up To Me" by Roger McGuinn on a Q or Mojo "Dylan Covered" CD.

It is fantastic.

I would love it if Elvis and Roger collaborated on an album (maybe just a Dylan tribute album)

Wouldn't you love to hear Elvis sing "Tangled Up in Blue" or "Tombstone Blues"
DeathWearsABigHat

Post by DeathWearsABigHat »

Looking forward very much to going to see Roger in Manchester in October. Saw him a few years ago at the Jazz Cafe in Camden and I can highly recommend it as a night out. He sings & plays brilliantly (but then you already knew that) but he also has a good line in onstage chat & banter.
"trust the wizards, here we go" http://www.trustthewizards.com