King of Americana V reissue king of america

Pretty self-explanatory
martin

King of Americana V reissue king of america

Post by martin »

I just bought the new reissue King of America (third time for this particular cd!) put it on my ipod and was trying to thin out some of the none essential duplicate songs and i was surprised to find all the versions i thought sonded best were from the King of Americana bootleg. To my ears the sound appeared better which surprised me as I thought that the reissues had all been remastered! Anyone else on here done any comparisons?
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

I haven't really compared the sound quality, but I must say that I was rather surprised by the exclusion of so many tracks on the re-issue.

I fully expected the Rhino release to make King of Americana largely redundant.

Can't say that I'm sorry it didn't happen that way.
Unless my bootleg degrades -- then you'll hear some whining...
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

I assume you refer to some of the acoustic demos which were left off the re-issue, as far as I know the electric versions lack a few overdubs here and there. As for the rest I think the quality is identical. I mean just how much can you improve an accoustic demo, save for editing out the false starts etc?For a detailed explanation of the versions on both discs and the differences visit the excellent site: http://www.geocities.com/ned3705/koa.html
martin

Post by martin »

I wasn't being picky cos i'm not an audiophile type of guy! it was just an observation,as i was tryin to trim some of the duplicates off my ipod and noticed all the versions i chose were the ones from the king of americana boot. Maybe its a case of less is more to my ears!