Fantasy Football 2005-2006

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Fantasy Football 2005-2006

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

It's back! I've set up a new league for us. Enter the code 205938-35802 at the 'join league' bit and you will be in. This year it's called 'Our Aim Is True' (unfortunately my initial idea of 'Watching the Defectives' wouldn't fit, nor would '(We Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea'. Shame that, I was thinking with relish of the 38-week grimace on WSS's face each time he went in there. Let's see if we get some new blood in (BWAP!) as well as all of last year's contributors. It was a laugh. I'm under severe pressure to retain my title here and at work (a third time!), and know I will be under attack from those who learnt lessons last time around (not including 'The Real Leeds' if Storm maintains his 'ex-Leeds-only' policy!).

Jackson may not appear for the first week or two due to hols, but a team can be added to the league after the start of the season.

First day is Aug 13 (11.30 UK-time is the usual deadline).

Check out the rules - apparently you have to play three defenders this year, so no 2-5-3-ing. Not sure if anything else has changed.

We can use this thread just for FF banter, and our regular footie one for separate abuse of one another's excuses for teams (apart from Man U, natch).
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Sounds good Otis. I'll get in there and set up my team.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Goody gumdrops - all joined up - just like my big girls writing!

It says you can join up to 5 leagues but ive only managed 2 - there doesnt seem to be a way of joining more. Can anyone enlighten me please?
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

Not sure, never been beyond two. Good to see four of us there already. BWAP is trying and struggling. You click 'leagues' in the red menu under 'actim', and it should then be simple. This menu simply didn't work for me yesterday, but right now is fine.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

I've just set up my team.
What bothers me a bit is that in case of injuries I won't be able to make any corrections next week as I'll be on well-deserved but short holidays.

There are already six teams in our league !
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I'm in.

Fake Madrid will be attempting to better its second from bottom place. As Yazz said "The only way is up baby, for Fake Madrid now". Or something like that.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Not sure, never been beyond two.
Last year I was in 5 leagues and it says you can be in 5 this year but I cant see the button they had last year to do it!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
whar

Post by whar »

FANTASY FOOTBALL IS MY LIFE.
What website do you use? I have an EA league myself.
Oy with the poodles, already!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

whar wrote:FANTASY FOOTBALL IS MY LIFE.
What website do you use? I have an EA league myself.
Err, this is English football - or soccer, as we refer to it on this side of the pond. I assume you're in an NFL fantasy league?
verbal gymnastics

whar - but don't let the fact that it's soccer stop you from joining. The more the merrier. You can only get one place worse than me from last season.

And I follow the game! :lol:
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Done mine.

I'm planning to spend a lot more time on the Transfers page this season.
whar

Post by whar »

Soccer?
:?

I know nothing of the sport's teams/players, I'd be the Swimfans of the league.
Oy with the poodles, already!
verbal gymnastics

That means nothing to me whar.

Everyone's invited to join. There's no money changing hands (is there? :lol: ) so feel free to try it anyway. As I said you can't do much worse than I did last season!
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

VG wrote -
As I said you can't do much worse than I did last season!

that would be my job
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
verbal gymnastics

From your current signature BWAP - "You're the little dog messing up my tree..."
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis, would it be OK if a non-board person joined in? My buddy Tom (a Pompey fan) is interested in participating. I had a little running score prediction competition with him last season and lost miserably - I still owe him a dinner.

(And for those of you in the fantasy baseball league, this is not the same Tom who joined our Yahoo! league then completely lost interest.)

Why do I know so many Toms?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Are you in the Tom Tom Club?
signed with love and vicious kisses
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:Are you in the Tom Tom Club?
That must be it! :lol:

Misplaced my membership card.
Otis Westinghouse

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Otis, would it be OK if a non-board person joined in? My buddy Tom (a Pompey fan) is interested in participating. I had a little running score prediction competition with him last season and lost miserably - I still owe him a dinner.
The more the merrier. Sadly organising a subscription charge is a bit unrealistic! Tell the bastard MU are gonna stuff his bunch of makeweights at both fixtures this season.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:
Who Shot Sam? wrote:Otis, would it be OK if a non-board person joined in? My buddy Tom (a Pompey fan) is interested in participating. I had a little running score prediction competition with him last season and lost miserably - I still owe him a dinner.
The more the merrier. Sadly organising a subscription charge is a bit unrealistic! Tell the bastard MU are gonna stuff his bunch of makeweights at both fixtures this season.
Great. I'll send him the league info.
Otis Westinghouse

Splendid. And perhaps he might want to join us in the abusefest here? He isn't, of course, the first non-Costelloite, we have Gilli's other half in that role. One week to go. Bring it on!!! Damn, better select me team. I had to click auto-select in order to get the league set up quickly - don't want to get lumbered with that!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Splendid. And perhaps he might want to join us in the abusefest here? He isn't, of course, the first non-Costelloite, we have Gilli's other half in that role. One week to go. Bring it on!!! Damn, better select me team. I had to click auto-select in order to get the league set up quickly - don't want to get lumbered with that!
I'll send him a link to the EC FF. He's a casual Costello fan. A few years back we couldn't make the Central Park Summerstage gig, so he and his better half took the tickets off our hands and went in our place.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

We have 2 of Gillis family (my partner and my 16 year old son) same as last season - hope thats ok with you guys. Just the more people in the league the more interesting I think. If anyone objects let me know and i'll ask them to leave.......

Richard my son (who as you may recall eats sleeps and breathes for Chelsea ) went to get his new shirt in the week and meet some of the old team players. He came back well happy with an old shirt signed by Osgood, Dixon and some other old hasbeen I cant remember! :lol: Sunday hes off all the way to Cardiff to watch them play Arsenal in the Community Shield game. They are travelling up and back in the same day which will be a long old haul - now thats dedication for you!! :)
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Gillibeanz wrote:Richard my son (who as you may recall eats sleeps and breathes for Chelsea ) went to get his new shirt in the week and meet some of the old team players. He came back well happy with an old shirt signed by Osgood, Dixon and some other old hasbeen I cant remember! :lol: Sunday hes off all the way to Cardiff to watch them play Arsenal in the Community Shield game. They are travelling up and back in the same day which will be a long old haul - now thats dedication for you!! :)
That's a good boy you've raised there, Gilli! :wink:
Otis Westinghouse

Saddoes. Was forgetting there were three from Chez Gilli in there. Excellent.