Sans Plomb??? Please help!!!

Pretty self-explanatory
kuanyin

Sans Plomb??? Please help!!!

Post by kuanyin »

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a copy of the 2000 French film Sans Plomb, that Elvis and Steve composed the score for???

Have been searching all over and no one seems to have it, not even Amazon France. I can only find general info on the movie, but no way to order it. Was it ever released?

If anyone has any info please help!

Thanks,
Tara
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Someone posted here about seeing it on European TV sometime last year - can't tell you anymore than that I'm afraid. I don't think Elvis did any music for it. He did , though , have a cameo as a customer of a petrol/gas station.

A French site has this -

http://www.france-sexystars.com/plomb.htm

ImageImageImage

Distribution : Rezo Films

see
http://www.rezofilms.com/rezo.html

- Production : Mact Production

- Réalisation : Muriel Téodori

- Scénario : Muriel Teodori, Alexia Stresi

- Image : Pascal Gennesseaux

- Son : Guillaume Sciama

- Musique : Steve Nieve, Elvis Costello ( ?)

Passionné par le chanteur Elvis Costello, Ulysse travaille chaque samedi dans une station-service, au milieu de nulle part, pour payer ses études de météorologie. Timide et souffrant de bégaiement quand il est confronté a une situation conflictuelle, il ne répond pas aux avances insistantes de Marie, qui habite en face. Parallèlement, Anton et Mirek, deux gangsters anglais, ratissent toutes les stations-service de la région a la recherce d'un butin caché dans les toilettes.

Google translation -

' Impassioned by the singer Costello Elvis, Ulysses works each Saturday in a service station, in the medium of nowhere, to pay his studies of meteorology. Shy person and suffering of stammering when it is confronted has a conflict situation, it does not answer in advance insistent of Marie, who lives opposite. In parallel, Anton and Mirek, two English gangsters, rake all the service station of the area has the recherce of spoils hidden in the toilets.'
kuanyin

Post by kuanyin »

Thanks for the info. I wonder if anyone has a copy taped off of European TV to trade or to sell...then again, I wonder if it would even work on an American VCR (could be converted, I suppose).

We'd heard that it was coming out on VHS back in 2001, but then it seemed that it never happened.

T
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

That film was aired on Belgian television (RTBF) a few years ago. Sadly, I noticed it only a few minutes after the film ended (so I have no copy on VHS either).

Music from EC: these are some of his known recordings (Big Boys was one of them).

Steve has recorded some extra music (with the Brodsky Quartet).
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.