Crazy?

Pretty self-explanatory
MegJS

Crazy?

Post by MegJS »

At last I found a perfect place for me - a Costello fan forum! Everyone starts to seem weary of me cos I'm just crazy about him...my only friend calls him "an old fogey"...when I made her listen three songs from WIWC she said she was sick of him, his voice, his appearance, and those stupid "bees" on the cover...I skip my classes cos I can't tear myself off another play of "Hurry Down Doomsday"...oh well. Everything's quite different here - everybody's crazy! So my subject is about how crazy about Elvis are you(of course I don't think one should be proud of such things, they are a little silly). I mean what(often strange) things you do because of him. As for me I don't think I'm the craziest fan as my only crankies are that I listen to him from morning till night(it'll pass I know, it's just because I've downloaded a lot of his old albums I haven't heard), I have a copy of When I Was Cruel in my underwear drawer, I write his name on my hands and in exercise books, I have a special book for his lyrics and...I'm all shining when talking about him... I guess I've left something out, I'll add it here later when I'll remember.
Libraries filled up with failed ideas
There's nothing more for me there
I trust in tender ink and gentle airs
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

So what makes you especially hot about Elvis?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I just end up coming onto this board almost every day. Except weekends.

When I Was Cruel in your underwear draw? There's a joke there somewhere...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

I keep my WIWC cd in my fridge... always needs cooling down.
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

I have a thick file with lyrics and chords for pretty much every EC song, and I've written them down myself, close to nothing from the net. Very time consuming, but a lot of fun to play with.
What this world needs is more silly men.
Monkey Girl

So sexy

Post by Monkey Girl »

I have to say that I think the man is incredibly sexy....

And as far as his music.... The intensity, the emotion, the words…it all comes together in a way that is so enjoyable and wonderful, so rich and captivating. It's all consuming for me.

I told my husband, the only "other man" he needs to worry about is Elvis!
MegJS

Post by MegJS »

I’m quite serious! I have three copies of When I Was Cruel, one of which I keep in my underwear drawer. No CD has ever been honoured like that.

I’m not sure my fridge will cope with cooling down WIWC so the two other copies go in turnJ
What makes me so hot...I’ve posted my WIWC review, I think it’s there...I don’t quite know what it is, when dad first brought the CD and I saw the cover I marked that it was special, and his face was special...to say nothing of the voice...his charisma made(and makes!) a special impression. A new feeling.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I'm just curious as to why you'd keep your CD there! Have any other CDs earned that status?

I'm surprised Cope hasn't said anything about this yet!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Welcome, MegJS!
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
alexv

Post by alexv »

Welcome,Meg. I have been very crazy about EC since 1980. Where you born then? On the assumption that you were not, here's some unsolicited advice (the crazies in this Forum do this all the time): first, don't ever skip school just to hear some rock and roll record. There will be plenty of time to listen to Doomsday (I'm doing that now, in your honor, and typing this advice to you, while also dispensing legal advice to clients who think I'm paying attention to them, all because I went to school).

Second, I am concerned about your reference to your "only" friend. See, this reminds me of me in my pimply, angst-filled teen years. Forget rock and roll obsessions, and figure out how to get more friends. It is not advisable to have just one friend. Luckily for me when I was a teenager rock music sucked (this was pre Elvis) so I focussed all my non-school energies on having at least two friends.

Third, we had another teenager (I am assuming you are a teen by the way) in the Forum a while ago, a baker from Boston, who was also similarly obsessed with our hero and it always struck me as odd that a teenager would be into Ec. Not that I had anything to do with it, but he ended up banned.
MegJS

Post by MegJS »

verbal gymnastics
no! this is the first one!

alexv
haha, thank you so much for your advice and warnings, but I think if I try to do without them I'll survive))
You're right, I'm 17 but I finished school 2 years ago, so don't worry.
Speaking about my friends - one close(even non-Costello) friend is quite enough.
Btw I think my chances of getting banned are as high as yours)))

Let's listen to Doomsday one more time...

Oh and thanks BlueChair!
AlmostBlue

Post by AlmostBlue »

yes - and it doesn't help that his voice annoys people (play 2001 or newer Dylan to annoy them more) , people think his lyrics are weird, his music is too advanced for most, and he is a short pudgy guy with receding hairline and pastey white thighs. Hopefully there is a therapist/ psychologist/shrink on the board that will help cure some of us.
Monkey Girl

Post by Monkey Girl »

How do you know his thighs are pasty white?

Anyway, as I said before...it all works for me.
AlmostBlue

Post by AlmostBlue »

Monkey Girl wrote:How do you know his thighs are pasty white?

Anyway, as I said before...it all works for me.
it was an earlier post from "elvis in the strangest places" where someone saw the newlyweds preparing to snorkel in Hawaii.
I can only see the rolls of fat bulging from the tight suits he wears as he sits on the piano bench.
Monkey Girl

Post by Monkey Girl »

Well, AlmostBlue.... I don't want to think about that.

Try as you may, I still think Elvis is as sexy as they come.
MegJS

Post by MegJS »

alexv
...it always struck me as odd that a teenager would be into Ec.

Is it so odd? I really don't understand why the whole world isn't going crazy about WIWC...it's such an "easy" record, it's almost pop...Alibi, Radio Silence - these songs are so catchy, pop music at its very best...speaking about the melodies the whole record is surprisingly excellent, it's even good for children I think. Such succession of brilliant songs is a very very rare thing nowadays and every time I listen to it I'm indignant and shocked about how unnoticed by many it actually is.[/quote]
alexv

Post by alexv »

midg: I just automatically assume that the music that young people gravitate to, pop music that is, is made by their peers, that's all. To be in your teens and think that your favorite pop music is being made by a 50 year old just strikes me as odd. I love EC's music, but I just don't know if he had been 50 when was in my teens I would have been as attracted to it as I was. I can understand a smart, sophisticated teenager "getting" Ec and even buying a couple of his records (though not WIWC which I do not like), but becoming infatuated with the man? But hey don't mind me, I'm almost 50 so what do I know about you crazy young people. I am also not a woman and thus can't comment on the sexual attractivenss of pudgy, balding 50ish males, like EC that is.
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Monkey Girl wrote:I have to say that I think the man is incredibly sexy....

And as far as his music.... The intensity, the emotion, the words…it all comes together in a way that is so enjoyable and wonderful, so rich and captivating. It's all consuming for me.

I told my husband, the only "other man" he needs to worry about is Elvis!
BINGO!!!! Couldn't have said it any better myself. :wink:
I'm not angry anymore....
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

It kills me that Elvis gets so much trim and praise!

MEGGY...you are a good addtion to the board and contribute some good stuff! Good to have you with us.
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
MegJS

Post by MegJS »

alexv
well, I understand of course. I like a lot of old bands and 60s and 70s in general(but not 80s!). so I seem to be an exception

Copenhagen Fan
I wondered what Cope was vg speaking about...
thank you :)
MegJS

Post by MegJS »

oh and I wanted to say a few words about his sexual attractiveness
He is attractive for me - but not in spite of his receding hair, short height, pasty thighs and rolls of fat bulging from his suit - I love him for that too. Cos it's natural and I love him as he is. I don't separate his songs and his voice from his fat, he's natural and charming and attractive....
and not that fat by the way :)
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

He carries his fat very well indeed.
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

bambooneedle wrote:He carries his fat very well indeed.
:lol: :lol:

This struck me as hilarious. You wouldn't dare hear anyone say that about a woman.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Sweat Pear..what about Baby Got Back types of dudes ? :lol:
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Cope~ I have to say, there are certain cultures of men who appreciate a curvy, voluptuous woman and African American men are one of them.
BUT, it's one thing to have a nice, round booty, it's another to be a big girl all over.