Buy a ticket to Istanbul
8%
Become a Cher Fan
8%
Buy the Karaoke CD and impress your friends
No votes
Take up guitar and make your own music
15%
Spend your life on Blue Chair's message board and live at home alone with your cat
38%
Other - see below
15%

Total votes: 13

AlmostBlue

Post Concert Blues

Post by AlmostBlue »

So you've been looking forward to a live concert for several months, then you come down from the "high" of the actual event as Paddy whisks them away. What does one do now?
bobster

Post by bobster »

My cat definitely approves of the option I chose.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
migdd

Post by migdd »

My wife's 7 cats don't give a rat's ass about EC and I feel the same way about them. :twisted: It is great to read everyone else's stories and setlists and I'm sure that helps me avoid the post-show blues and cop the "get a life" attitude!!
guidedbyvoices

Post by guidedbyvoices »

After that big post concert buzz, I usually have another band coming up I'm looking forward to seeing. before this year, GBV always came around once a year, so I was always OK. But now that they're no more, and after EC, I have no shows upcoming (yet). I may have to go see some no names to work it out! But so far 05 has been a kick ass year for shows - Arcade Fire, interpol, and costello.
we have powerlines in our bloodlines
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

Spend obscene amounts of money procuring various "rare" items, including bootlegs, limited issues, and bonus discs of albums of which you already have 3-5 copies.

Yee hah...
Last edited by Dr. Luther on Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Ahem. You find out when the next show is and get tickets. In lieu of that, you stay here and play with all of us. :)
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

Just to clarify, Spooky, I was being self-deprecating -- not poking at anyone else.

That truly is my M.O.

It's a sickness -- since December 1977. Seems to be terminal...
AlmostBlue

Post by AlmostBlue »

guidedbyvoices wrote:After that big post concert buzz, I usually have another band coming up I'm looking forward to seeing. before this year, GBV always came around once a year, so I was always OK. But now that they're no more, and after EC, I have no shows upcoming (yet). I may have to go see some no names to work it out! But so far 05 has been a kick ass year for shows - Arcade Fire, interpol, and costello.
Wow - love your very interesting taste in music - those are all great:interpol,gbw.., and Arcade Fire is fascinating and amazing. Have you heard of Eel? Please tell us more.
AlmostBlue

Post by AlmostBlue »

guidedbyvoices wrote:After that big post concert buzz, I usually have another band coming up I'm looking forward to seeing. before this year, GBV always came around once a year, so I was always OK. But now that they're no more, and after EC, I have no shows upcoming (yet). I may have to go see some no names to work it out! But so far 05 has been a kick ass year for shows - Arcade Fire, interpol, and costello.
Wow - love your very interesting taste in music - those are all great:interpol,gbw.., and Arcade Fire is fascinating and amazing. Please tell us more.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

2 of the last 3 elvis shows i have ended up alone in a hotel room minutes after seeing him up close outside. it is mighty quiet and spooky ( :!: ), not to mention a bummer.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
MistakenForLilies

Post by MistakenForLilies »

oily slick wrote:2 of the last 3 elvis shows i have ended up alone in a hotel room minutes after seeing him up close outside.
I know that feeling. That is a bummer. It makes the whole experience seem less real.

I don't understand the "Get a Life" attitude. Never have. :)
legman open to offers

Post by legman open to offers »

Where do I get the EC karaoke CD?
Now I'm the invisible man, and you can't see me.
AlmostBlue

Post by AlmostBlue »

legman open to offers wrote:Where do I get the EC karaoke CD?

http://www.pssl.com

search costello

i see you saw the play by request show
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

I always wanted to see Istanbul.
I'm not angry anymore....