Celebrity Big Brother

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Gillibeanz

Celebrity Big Brother

Post by Gillibeanz »

Anyone care to admit to watching it? I watch the days round up at 9pm - its hideously compulsive viewing..... :oops:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

No.
signed with love and vicious kisses
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I'm sick of seeing the words "Big Brother" everywhere. Which sucks, because I love 1984.

I'm sick of this whole "reality" TV thing.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I have to agree, I've had it with reality stuff....it was amusing and entertaing before, but now it's run its course. I'd say it was vindictive and exploitative if the people on it weren't so terrible......all desperate for one last appearance in Heat (what pseudo-intellectual Germaine Greer was doing on it escapes me...........save the rainforests! pah!)
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

I know I know guys, and every time I say im not going to watch it but I get sucked in....somebody save me!!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I have to say I am utterly hooked on Bravo's PROJECT RUNWAY. A bunch of aspiring fashion designers trying to be the last to stay in the game. The cool thing is, you get to see them actually design stuff, so there's interesting content surrounding the reality show snarkiness. And the fashion is pretty good stuff, being judged by Michael Kors, and the chief fashion editor for ELLE, among others, and the contestants being guided/hosted by the head of the Fashion program at Parsons school of design. Great stuff as junk TV goes!
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Gah. John whatshisface talking about breast sex (in fact John whatshisface full stop) makes me feel queasy. Not that I've been watching it or anything.

Now where have I heard that before?
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

POP: Is he the grossest man on the planet or what?? He has picked his nose so much he has 2 scabby nostrils, - and have you seen him pick his nose and eat it on a regular basis? EEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :shock:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

When I flip around the channels on an average weeknight, it's just about wall-to-wall reality TV, from talent competitions to home makeovers to wife-swapping. These programs do nothing for me. I hardly even watch network TV anymore - it's that bad.

You wonder how people can be dumb enough to re-elect Bush. Then you watch TV on any given weeknight and it all makes sense. We are getting dumber and dumber by the day. Everything is so derivative and devoid of imagination. I am just so sick of it all.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Reality TV has reached a new low. Has anyone seen "Strange Love" on VH1? I was staying at my parents' house this weekend and saw a sow about Flava Flav from Public Enemy, and the love of his life. Brigitte Nielsen.

Flava Flav. And Brigitte Nielsen. In love. With each other.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/strange_lo ... sode.jhtml

I'm going to hell for watching this show.
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

SoLikeCandy wrote: http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/strange_lo ... sode.jhtml

I'm going to hell for watching this show.
SLC -

Ever read The Boondocks?

"I'm goin' to hell for this ham sandwich ain't I, boy?"
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Aaron McGruder is my secret crush. My favorite strip. Example:

If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

selfmademug wrote:I have to say I am utterly hooked on Bravo's PROJECT RUNWAY. A bunch of aspiring fashion designers trying to be the last to stay in the game. The cool thing is, you get to see them actually design stuff, so there's interesting content surrounding the reality show snarkiness. And the fashion is pretty good stuff, being judged by Michael Kors, and the chief fashion editor for ELLE, among others, and the contestants being guided/hosted by the head of the Fashion program at Parsons school of design. Great stuff as junk TV goes!
I know! It's fabulous! And on the website you can read what the mysterious "Your time's up" guy has to say about all of the designs! Who do you pick for final three? I say Austin, Jay and Kara Saun. And I think Austin is going to win, because his clothes are so pretty! Sorry about all the exclamation points, but I've been trapped at work, unable to post! And I love this show!