The Deliveryman?

Pretty self-explanatory
migdd

The Deliveryman?

Post by migdd »

Check this out! From John E.'s great site:http://www.elviscostello.info/upcoming. ... st_highway
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Appearances from Emmylou and Lucinda! Whoa!

New Elvis & Imposters Album on Lost Highway Records
Release Date: 2004 Fall

ElvisCostello.com advises:

"In addition to a short tour of Italy and Portugal in the spring with Steve Nieve, there are also plans to return to the recording studio with Costello's band,'The Imposters', which also features Nieve, bassist, Davey Farragher and drummer, Pete Thomas. An album of new Costello compositions will be released in the Fall of 2004 by the Nashville-based “Lost Highway” imprint."

Another report states:

"Both EmmyLou Harris and Lucinda Williams will be appearing on [the new album]. In what capacity I
don't know."
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
migdd

Post by migdd »

I hate to fuel the rumor mill but both Emmylou and Lucinda were both mentioned by Elvis during the 1999 Lonely World Tour as desired vocalists for the Deliveryman material. The Deliveryman was conceived as a bunch of songs sung from the point of view of three women living in some remote location. Each woman in the "story" was to be represented by a different female vocalist.

Don't know what this may have to do with the upcoming Imposters album but one has to wonder. . .
snarling pup

Emmylou

Post by snarling pup »

EC has performed "Heart Shaped Bruise" with Emmylou Harris previously (May 2000?) Perhaps that's what he has in mind...
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Delivery Man was such a hot and sexy song. I could have listened to it over and over again. I think it will be my favorite when the new album comes out. Although it's hard to say, because I liked all his new stuff at the Hi-Tone.

He also did Heart Shaped Bruise at the Ryman in February. I heard that Emmylou was back stage that night.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

I can't wait for this new cd!

"Monkey To A Man", mmm. Elvis loves referencing the fact, about time he titles a song after it.