Elvis at benefit in Lincoln Center's Appel Room, Februari 6, 2024

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis at benefit in Lincoln Center's Appel Room, Februari 6, 2024

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/elvis-cos ... ppel-room/

Elvis Costello, Diana Krall, Branford Marsalis, more playing cancer benefit at Lincoln Center's Appel Room

Elvis Costello, Diana Krall, Christopher Cross, Dianne Reeves, and Branford Marsalis will perform at an NYC benefit show for cancer research. “The Nearness of You Concert” happens on Tuesday, February 6 at Appel Room at Lincoln Center, with musical director Will Lee and a backing band featuring Randy Brecker and Steve Gadd, among others. The event honors influential jazz saxophonist and composer Michael Brecker, and proceeds will support cancer research at Columbia University Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, and the work of doctors Azra Raza, MD, and Siddhartha Mukherjee, MD, DPhil.

“I am honored to be a part of this amazing event with such incredibly talented artists,” Siddhartha Mukherjee says. “Music, like medicine, has the profound capacity to change lives and I ask for your support to help us to change lives through the creative discoveries we translate into medicine.”

“When Michael passed away, I wanted to give back to the cancer community to help patients and the doctors desperately trying to find a cure,” Susan Brecker adds. “Michael has been gone 17 years, and my commitment to supporting cancer research has only gotten stronger.”

Tickets (they start at $1k) are on sale now.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis at benefit in Lincoln Center's Appel Room, Februari 6, 2024

Post by sweetest punch »

https://twitter.com/ElvisCostello/statu ... 3440053463

Just a couple of snaps from “The Nearness Of You - In Honor Of Michael Brecker”. So great to play with Brandford Marsalis and Steve Gadd and to share the bandstand again with with Randy Brecker. Thanks Will Lee & all the players and artists and Hugh Jackman for being a good sport
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/elvis-co ... c7f6f.html

Setlist

Almost Blue
(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding (with Hugh Jackman)

Note: Band included Branford Marsalis and Will Lee
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://twitter.com/ElvisCostello/statu ... 4301427767

“The Nearness Of You”

Incredible to hear @bmarsalis play with my wife Diana Krall on this beautiful Hoagy Carmichael tune and share a couple of numbers with
@RandyBrecker,
@adarovatti,
@jamesgenus,
@DrSteveGadd,
@Willbassboy,
@RealHughJackman
#almostblue #peacelove&understanding