Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton at Jackie Gleason Theatre, Miami Beach, FL, January 12, 2024

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton at Jackie Gleason Theatre, Miami Beach, FL, January 12, 2024

Post by Man out of Time »

The 7-0-7 Tour with The Imposters and Charlie Sexton continues at the Jackie Gleason Theatre, Miami Beach, FL on Friday January 12, 2024.

This will be Elvis' third appearance at the venue since 2002, all of them with The Imposters.

The theatre seats 3,230. Ticket prices range from $64 to $450 for the best "platinum" seats. A large number of verified resale tickets are also available at well above face value. Just over half the tickets are sold if we include resale tickets as already sold.

Who's going?

MOOT
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton at Jackie Gleason Theatre, Miami Beach, FL, January 12, 2024

Post by johnfoyle »

Anyone?
supplydavid

Re: Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton at Jackie Gleason Theatre, Miami Beach, FL, January 12, 2024

Post by supplydavid »

I have a ticket and just gave it away , got stuck in travel and won't be back in time, typical of my luck a week of florida dates and i am out of state. I do have Nashville ahead and maybe will get to one or 2 more.
supplydavid

Post by supplydavid »

I have a ticket and just gave it away , got stuck in travel and won't be back in time, typical of my luck a week of florida dates and i am out of state. I do have Nashville ahead and maybe will get to one or 2 more.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

supplydavid wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:13 pm I have a ticket and just gave it away , got stuck in travel and won't be back in time, typical of my luck a week of florida dates and i am out of state. I do have Nashville ahead and maybe will get to one or 2 more.
Sorry you couldn't make it, hope you get to see a few of these great sounding shows !
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

https://elviscostello.info//wiki/index. ... iami_Beach

01. A Town Called Riddle
02. Waiting For The End Of The World
03. Strict Time
04. Hetty O'Hara Confidential
05. Radio, Radio
06. I Hope You're Happy Now
07. My Baby Just Squeals (You Heel)
08. I Don't Want Your Lyndon Johnson
09. Like Licorice On Your Tongue
10. Mystery Dance
11. Watching The Detectives
12. Everyday I Write The Book
13. (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes
14. Less Than Zero
15. Everybody's Crying Mercy
16. Blood & Hot Sauce
17. Dio Come Ti Amo / Almost Blue
18. Clubland
19. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
20. Magnificent Hurt
21. Pump It Up
22. Alison
23. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
24. I Want You
Charles

Post by Charles »

I’m digging this setlist!
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/music/con ... h-18726841

Elvis Costello Helps Welcome the Return of the Fillmore Miami Beach
Elvis Costello & the Imposters played a no-nonsense set that lasted more than two and a half hours.

It had been more than a year and a half since the Fillmore Miami Beach closed for renovation, so last Friday, it was a comfort for nostalgists to see that not much had changed for the South Beach institution in its first major show since May 2022. The Lebo mural and the framed vintage posters still decorate the walls. The band merch table is still the first thing you see when you enter the lobby, and the historic theater makes you feel like Jackie Gleason is about to step out on the stage to entertain.

But for the unofficial grand reopening, the Fillmore crowd was treated to something a bit younger than Gleason: Elvis Costello & the Imposters.

It was the first time the 69-year-old Rock and Roll Hall of Famer played the venue in nearly 20 years. Costello and his four-piece backing band took to the stage at 8:15 p.m. and played a no-nonsense set that lasted nearly three hours.

Well, there was a little bit of nonsense as the bespectacled singer told tall tales between tracks. "This is a song I found in a pile of old records, and we learned it this afternoon," he said as the band went into an unreleased rockabilly Elvis Costello original, "My Baby Just Squeals (You Heal)," that, according to the internet, the band had learned at least two nights before since it was performed at the Tallahassee and Tampa shows as well.

Costello seemed to enjoy the between-song banter so much that you might better describe his set as between-banter songs. From a stage cluttered with all kinds of instruments, he told the audience, "We play two kinds of songs: songs with girls' names in them and songs about confectionary."

Even if I knew what confectionary is, a truer classification describing his concert's two kinds of songs were the songs he sat down to perform and the songs where he stood up. The sit-down songs weren't necessarily more mellow. He gave a lot of gusto while at the piano to play "Blood & Hot Sauce" and showed off his multilingualism with a rendition of the Italian language song "Dio Come Ti Amo."

But he was in an upright position for most of his early songs from the 1970s. He changed the arrangements for most of those standards. "Watching the Detective" got spooky, freaky, and a little experimental as it was extended and drawn out way past its traditional under-four-minute running time. The low-energy reworking of "Pump It Up" was less effective.

Costello's songs are generally too wordy for audience sing-alongs, but he kept the tracks that allowed for crowd participation a little more faithful to their recorded form. For "Less than Zero," fans could shout out, "Hey, re-e-ed," and for "Alison," he left enough space that the crowd could be the ones who sing, "My aim is true."
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Mario Artecona's photo -

Via Facebook -