johnfoyle

Elvis, solo, plays Munich Oct . 13th '14

Post by johnfoyle »

Anyone going?
And No Coffee Table

Re: Elvis, solo, plays Munich Oct . 13th '14

Post by And No Coffee Table »

https://twitter.com/planeausters/status ... 8166818816
Just seen Elvis Costello in fabulous concert at Circus Krone, Munich, playing for almost 3 hours! Guests: Larkin Poe

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
terryhurley

Post by terryhurley »

Love Field is amazing.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://twitter.com/LarkinPoe/status/52 ... 24/photo/1

The one and only @ElvisCostello || two weeks of memories we'll NEVER forget. xo #larkinpoe
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

follow the link in the video poster's comments and I think the whole show is up there....Hallelujah!
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

FAVEHOUR wrote:follow the link in the video poster's comments and I think the whole show is up there....Hallelujah!
Really good video work:

And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

What is this Santa Cruz song?

bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

And No Coffee Table wrote:What is this Santa Cruz song?

just a song WAY better than anything i've watched that he has performed from LOST ON THE RIVER lp so far! :lol: :lol:
a really GREAT song and performance here.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.donaukurier.de/nachrichten/k ... 98,2972390

Sternstunde des Pop

Die Essenz des Pop ist rund, schwarz und rotiert mit 45 Umdrehungen pro Minute auf dem Plattenteller. Ob Chuck Berry oder Little Richard, Beatles oder Rolling Stones, Sex Pistols oder The Smiths: Alles Bahnbrechende in der populären Musik spielte sich einst oft und gerne auf Vinylsingles ab – wovon auch Bruce Springsteen zu berichten wusste: „We learned more from a three minute record than we ever learned in school.“

Nimmt man diese Zeile aus „No Surrender“ zum Maßstab, dann darf Elvis Costello gewiss als einer der Lieblingslehrer der Babyboomer-Generation gelten – und sein überwältigender (Solo)-Auftritt am Montagabend im erstaunlicherweise nicht ausverkauften Münchner Circus-Krone-Bau als Pop-Lehrstunde aus dem Bilderbuch, als Sternstunde gar. Einen Abend mit „Liedern über Liebe und Lügen, Treue und Betrug“ verspricht der 60-jährige Londoner, der mittlerweile in New York lebt, augenzwinkernd, nachdem er sein 160-minütiges (!) Konzert mit „45“, einer Hommage an eben jenes Vinylsingle-Format, eröffnet hat. Aber was heißt da „Konzert“: Ein Gesamtkunstwerk ist es, was der in edlen Zwirn gewandete Sänger mit Panamahut auf dem Kopf seinen Zuhörern bietet – und eine Reise durch die Jahrzehnte. Mit Schnurren und Scherzen, Anekdoten und Autobiografischem – und mit großartigen Songs aus 40 Jahren, die er mal werkgetreu spielt, mal ordentlich gegen den Strich bürstet.

Da mutiert das im Original vom Reggae beeinflusste „Watching The Detectives“ zum veritablen Gitarrenmonster und der geschmeidige Pop-Hit „Every Day I Write The Book“ zur filigranen Folk-Miniatur. Die betörende Jazz-Ballade „Shipbuilding“ dekonstruiert Costello am Keyboard, die herzzerreißende Liebeserklärung an „Alison“ singt und zupft er im vielleicht schönsten von vielen schönen Momenten ohne Mikrofon und Verstärker ins gebannt lauschende Publikum.

Es sind viele Elemente, die diesem Abend sein einzigartiges Gepräge geben: Wut und Romantik, Humor und Wehmut, Bob Dylan und Burt Bacharach, Blackpool und New Orleans, Punk und Country. Rebecca und Megan Lovell, die als Larkin Poe den Abend bezaubernd eingeläutet haben, dürfen den Star später begleiten – und tun dies mit jugendlichem Überschwang, instrumentaler Finesse und himmlischem Harmoniegesang. Am Ende steht eine mitreißende Fassung des Klassikers „(What’s So Funny About) Peace, Love And Understanding“. Partystimmung im Circus Krone. Standing Ovations. Blumen für Costello und die Lovells. Ein Dankeschön für einen unvergesslichen Abend.

----------------
Google translation: https://translate.google.be/translate?s ... edit-text=

Great moment of pop

The essence of Pop is round, black and rotates at 45 revolutions per minute on the turntable. Whether Chuck Berry or Little Richard, Beatles or Rolling Stones, Sex Pistols and The Smiths: Everything Breakthrough in popular music played was once often like on Vinyl Singles - which even Bruce Springsteen knew to report: "We learned more from a three minute record than we ever learned in school. "

If we take this line from "No Surrender" to scale, then Elvis Costello may certainly be considered as one of the favorite teacher of baby boomers - and be overwhelming (Solo) -Auftritt on Monday evening in surprisingly not sold Munich Circus-Krone-Bau as pop Lesson from a picture book, as great moment even. An Evening with "songs about love and lies, loyalty and deception" promises the 60-year-old Londoner who now lives in New York, wink, after his 160-minute (!) Concert with "45", a tribute to precisely that vinyl single format, has opened. But what is there "concert": A work of art is what the robed in fine twine singer with panama hat on the head of his hearers offers - and a journey through the decades. With purring and jokes, anecdotes and autobiographical - and with great songs from 40 years, the times he plays original factory, sometimes neatly brushed against the grain.

Since the mutated original reggae-influenced "Watching The Detectives" a veritable monster guitar and the smooth pop hit "Every Day I Write The Book" for filigree Folk-miniature. The haunting jazz ballad "Shipbuilding" deconstructed Costello on keyboards, the heartbreaking love letter to "Alison" he sings and plucks in perhaps the most beautiful of the many beautiful moments without a microphone and amplifier into spellbound listening audience.

There are many elements that give this evening its unique character: anger and romance, humor and nostalgia, Bob Dylan and Burt Bacharach, Blackpool and New Orleans, Punk and Country. Rebecca and Megan Lovell, who ushered charming as Larkin Poe the night may accompany the star later - and do so with youthful exuberance, instrumental finesse and heavenly harmonies. At the end, a rousing version of the classic "(What's So Funny About) Peace, Love And Understanding". Party mood at Circus Krone. Standing ovation. Flowers for Costello and the Lovells. A thank you for a memorable evening.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »