Dylan, Elvis - Chicago , Oct. 27- 29 '07

Pretty self-explanatory
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Ouch, John. Now that I told you I couldn't make it to meet up with you there I'm really feeling the pain of missing Suit of Lights.

Arrgh.

You looked like you were enjoying yourself muchly. Glad it was a great trip.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

bambooneedle asks

What about Bob?
Er, glad you asked, 'needle. Great vocals the first night from my downstairs c.15 row seat, not so great from the balcony on the second, but that was probably a venue-acoustics thing. His band are so tight it was hard to feel any real involvement. You just knew there wouldn't be any unplanned, seat-of-the-pants stuff ie. no tension/suspense. It was , all the same, good to see such a legend in a relatively small venue. I've liked Bob's recent albums but find the tracks all jumble together. My favourite songs both nights were from them but just don't ask me their titles.

The whole 'Bobheads' crowd were interesting to see on their home turf. People my parents age who , literally , live to see Bob. Talking with them it was constantly the same story of doing just enough work to earn the price of the next ticket. Insane stories of ticket getting and swapping. Or there were the types who , back along, had to , it seems, constantly justify their fandom and had that anxious look of still expecting to get mocked for it.

By the way, a friend sent me this photo of a unfortunate misprint that was on the venue marquee, getting corrected before my picture -

........along with , er, this moody shot of me under the Picasso installation on Daley Squre , with the Sears Tower in the background -

martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

Wow!! What a trip!! It looks like you had a great time and saw some great music live.

Not to be picky but is there a torrent yet of the 28 Oct show with Suit of Lights? Spooky was excited about that.

Maybe someday we will all be able to meet for a pint of ale.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

The 28th set should be available soon. Yes, it would be good to meet up some day, thanks for all the great work you're doing.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

martinfoyle wrote:The 28th set should be available soon. Yes, it would be good to meet up some day, thanks for all the great work you're doing.
Finally we will be able to hear "Song with Rose"!
And we can't thank the Spooky's enough for their great work everyday - but yes, we can: PAYPAL (at the top of the page). See also: http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB2 ... php?t=5718
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

John - great stuff. I'm so jealous.

Loved your tales about the Bobheads. I met a few earlier in the year who were great company.

Us Elvisheads don't seem to be as dedicated do we? :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?