Your 10 Favourite ...... Clash songs

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Was about to question the bracketed '(White Man)', but you are entirely correct, Richard and Goodey and whoever else.

Sorry, JM, tired eyes missed your JJ inclusion. My only complaint with the otherwise fabulous Clash on broadway I bought within 30 mins of hearing Joe was dead via the Virgin in-store radio is that it starts with the demo of JJ, which is fine, but the real version isn't also included. Demo isn't enough.

The LC reissue with demos etc. bonues disc and DVD is well worth it. Assume it's the same remastering you have, Pophead.

Interesting of Greil. Agree (WM)IHP is untouchable, but CC is well up there. Who else could write a song about their professional situation and make it so riveting to listen to?

Paul Simonon on Later last night in The Good, The Bad and The Queen group with Damon Albarn, LP due in Jan. It was passable, but not great, Damon was cool and sang well. Paul was struggling too much to throw all his old poses. He looks incredibly cool still, though much of the beauty of his young face hasn't aged well, and it looks like that's his original Clash bass he's playing still, but it's not quite living up to the hopes you'd have of it. Maybe the recording is good. They seemed under-rehearsed as a live outfit.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I love Know Your Rights, The Magnificent Seven, I Fought The Law and so many others that have not been mentioned. The Clash in 1979 is the one gig I wish I'd gotten to see.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

In order:

1. Straight To Hell
2. Bankrobber
3. Junco Partner
4. Guns Of Brixton
5. Know Your Rights
6. Wrong 'em Boyo
7. Broadway
8. Safe European Home
9. Armagideon Time
10. Spanish Bombs

(11. Jimmy Jazz 12. Clash City Rockers 13. Complete Control 14. Washington Bullets 15. White Man In Hammersmith Palais)

Yeah. That's it.
What this world needs is more silly men.