johnfoyle

Re: "Momofuku" review

Post by johnfoyle »

Does anyone here understand Greek?

http://mariamarkouli.blogspot.com/2008_ ... 6642249710

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Elvis Costello - Momofuku

ΜΑΡΙΑ ΜΑΡΚΟΥΛΗ writes -

Έτσι όπως σας έχω απέναντι και διαβάζετε, είχα τον Έλβις Κοστέλο το καλοκαίρι που ήταν εδώ και μου έλεγε πως άλλα άλμπουμ δεν είχε σκοπό να κάνει –έχουν αλλάξει τα πράγματα στη μουσική, ίσως μερικά τραγούδια, συναυλίες ,άλλες φάσεις, αλλά όχι άλμπουμ (τα έγραψα κιόλας όλα αυτά στη συνέντευξη) αλλά δεν τον είχα πιστέψει και πολύ.

Μετά, από αυτά ο Κοστέλο πήγε και μέσα σε εννιά ημέρες στο Sun City της Καλιφόρνιας ηχογράφησε το Mοmofuku- που είναι και ένα από τα καλύτερά του ! Δεν ήταν δυνατό άλλωστε , ο Κοστέλο του «every day I write a book» να πάταγε φρένο. Το στούντιο τον τράβηξε σαν μαγνήτης ,πόσο μάλλον αυτό που ήταν και ηλιόλουστο.

Ξέρω τι σκέφτεστε: ότι δεν είμαι και η πιο αντικειμενική σε θέματα Έλβις . Σωστά! Τα τραγούδια του Κοστέλο είναι μπλεγμένα με τη ζωή μου-σωστά; Από την ώρα –πρέπει να ήταν γύρω στις 9- που έβαλα να παίξει το momofuku/ ακούω Κοστέλο. Συγκλονιστικό Κοστέλο! Με ηχώ από Blood & Chocolate και το πιο πρόσφατο When I Was Cruel. Έτσι όπως μπαίνει ορμητικά σα σίφουνας, με τις κιθάρες να στροβιλίζουν σε ροκ έξαψη, και μετά στις lounge στροφές ( ακούστε το Harry Worth με το στίχο It's not very far from tears to mirth ) και στη συνέχεια που το γυρίζει σε τζαζ –σε Δυτικής Ακτής ενορχηστρώσεις, μελωδικός και δυναμικός όσο θέλει και με τη φωνή του ακόμη πιο εκφραστική και τέλεια – που αν ήταν άλλος στη θέση του θα έκανε μόνο φιγούρα επιδεξιοτήτων αλλά αυτόν κάτι τέτοιο τον νοιάζει όσο θα τον ένοιαζε ποιος θα κερδίσει στην Γιουροβίζιον.

Ο Κοστέλο παραμένει ο music maniac που ξέραμε από παλιά , δίνει τις προτεραιότητές του στο βινύλιο και έχει χωρισμένα τα κομμάτια στο cd σε πλευρά Α και Β , αλλά δεν είναι κανένας κολημμένος με το παρελθόν –μιλάνε τα τραγούδια γι’ αυτό και η νέα γενιά που έχει μαζί του σ’ αυτό το εντυπωσιακά φρέσκο πόνημα.

Η Τζένι Λιούις (των Rilo Kiley) στα φωνητικά, ο Τζόναθαν Ράις, και η Τενεσί –την κόρη του Πιτ Τόμας μπαίνουν στο παιχνίδι, ενώ ο Έλβις (ο οποίος στο Flutter & Wow θυμίζει κάπως τον άλλον, τον μεγάλο Έλβις, ορκίζομαι) ενώ τιμά και τις κάντρι προτιμήσεις του και συνεργάζεται στους στίχους του Song With Rose και Pardon me, madam, My Name Is Eve–εξαιρετικά κομμάτια και τα δυο- με τη Ροζάνα Κας και τη Λορέτα Λιν . Ξεκινάει το άλμπουμ και το Hiding Place, τραγουδώντας : In the not very distant future/ When everything will be free/There won’t be any cute secrets/Let alone any novelty (στο εγγύς μέλλον/όταν όλα θα είναι ελεύθερα/δεν θα υπάρχουν χαριτωμένα μυστικά/ούτε που να σκέφτεστε καινοτομία.). Το μέλλον –να ξέρετε- είναι για τον Έλβις ένας πολύ ασφαλές μέρος.

Και με ένα κλικ… : ‘Εστησε νέο σάιτ για πιο άμεση επαφή με το κοινό ο Κοστέλο –www.elviscostello.com
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

No, but it looks lovely. I havemanaged to get my head around the alphabet on my 3-4 visits. And I now know that Έλβις Κοστέλο = our Elv.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Lester Burnham

Post by Lester Burnham »

As translated from babelfish...

Thus as you I have opposite and read, I had [Elbis] [Kostelo] the summertime that was for me said that other albums it did not have aim to make - have changed the things in the music, perhaps certain songs, concerts, other phases, but no albums (him I wrote already all them in the interview) but him had not believed and a lot. Afterwards, from them [Kostelo] went and in nine days in Sun City of California recorded [Mo]mofuku- that is also one from better his! It was not possible [alloste], [Kostelo] “every day I write a book” to step brake. The studio pulled him as magnet, how many rather what was also sunny. I know what you think: that I am not also most objective on issues [Elbis]. Rightly! Are the songs of [Kostelo] mixed with the life correct? From the hour - should were round the 9 - that I put it plays the momofuku/I hear [Kostelo]. Shocking [Kostelo]! With echo from Blood &? Chocolate and most recent When I Was Cruel. Thus as does enter impetuously [sa] [sifoynas], with the guitars [strobilizoyn] in rocks excitement, and afterwards in the lounge turns (you hear Harry Worth with verse It'? s not very far from tears to mirth) and afterwards that turns him in jazz - in Western Coast instrumentations, melodic and dynamic as long as it wants also with the voice still more expressive and perfect - that if he were other in his place would only make figure of abilities but this such something [noiazei] as long as [enoiaze] who will gain in [Gioyrobizion]. [Kostelo] remains music maniac that we knew from old, it gives his priorities in vinyl and it has separated the pieces in cd in side A and B, but is not no one [kolimmenos] with the past - they speak songs [gi]' this and the new generation that it impressively has with him in this fresh [ponima]. [Tzeni] [Lioyis] of (Rilo Kiley) in phonetic, [Tzonathan] [Rais], and [Tenesi] - the girl of [Pit] Sections they enter in the game, while [Elbis] (who in Flutter &? Wow reminds somehow other, big [Elbis], is put under oath) while it honours also his [kantri] preferences and collaborates in the verses of Song With Rose and Pardon me, madam, My Name Is eve-Exceptionally pieces and the two with [Rozana] of Mrs and [Loreta] [Lin]. It begins the album and Hiding Place, singing: In the not very distant future/When everything will be free/There won't be any cute secrets/Let alone any novelty (in the very near future/when all would be free/will not exist cute secrets/neither that think innovation.). The future - you know he is for [Elbis] one very sure part. And with [klik]…: `Set up new [sait] for more direct contact with the public [Kostelo] - www.elviscostello.com