the GAP

Pretty self-explanatory
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

I have seen a number of GAP ads where they are linking their clothing line to all-time music favorites, and I think it is a brilliant campaign. They will sell a shitload of jeans. My daughter Allison tried on four pairs, and received four free downloads from Itunes. $4.00 worth of music for 10 minutes of trying on clothes, something a 13 year old girl doesn't have too much of a problem with anyway.

She, I might add, saw the ad before me and was sure that I would love it. I don't care about the Gap, and I don't care about their Jeans. But the ad campaign is highly effective as it taps into a very visceral, even personal chracteristics of an individual and links it with their product. Great ad campaign.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Oh yeah, Mr. A...you said that so much better than I.
And I have to ditto the part about your daughter too. My 13 yr. old daughter and her 13 yr. old cousin and I went jean shopping at the GAP just as the ad campaign launched. It is brilliant. The service at the GAP was great, they tried on a ton of jeans and each bought a few pairs PLUS they got a couple free itunes downloads ta boot. It was a match made in heaven.
It actually made jean shopping w/my daughter enjoyable!! I'll take it!

And like you said...I could care less about the GAP. Elvis is cool and I just think the GAP ad knocks him up a few pegs on the old cool-o-meter in my book.
I like the ads.

8)
I'm not angry anymore....
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Extreme Honey wrote:Ok I've been here long enough to see somekind of weirdness between Spooky girlfriend and El Vez...What the Hell is goin' on? Who can explain it to this newbie? You guys are cool rite?
Spooky and El Vez have been known to wrestle in mud nakedly whilst the Doc sells tickets to passing strangers, pump them full of margheritas, take pictures of them and put them onto his "private" website (for which you need to be a member of the 1000+ Post Club). Surely we all knew that :lol:

Muggy provides the glamour as she is all woman. She's big in this old heart too.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

verbal gymnastics wrote:
Muggy provides the glamour as she is all woman. She's big in this old heart too.
And I think the girl would like to have the word "big" removed from any and all descriptions of her!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Extreme Honey wrote:Ok I've been here long enough to see somekind of weirdness between Spooky girlfriend and El Vez...What the Hell is goin' on? Who can explain it to this newbie? You guys are cool rite?
I feel like Mug trying to explain to verena that she is a woman and really does know Verbal. :?

Vez is actually a really good friend of mine, both on the board and in person. I am a real woman and Vez is a real man. 8)
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Sometimes we fight crime together.
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

Well that's a relief. Now I know for sure that the only bone-chilling affair on this board is between me and selfmademoron, I mean selfmademug. :lol:
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Thomasso, the only thing between you and me is a vast gulf of experience and relevance.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Extreme: I've tolerated a lot lately and I've had many complaints on this board about you. You've come in here and stirred up some shit with people that have been around here a long time. I've banned other people in the past and I'm not afraid to do it again. I pay for this board and I make the rules.

Don't be a shit.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

It may take her a while to find a hotel in Tennessee, but she sure has a way with words...AND I LOVE HER!
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Thanks, hun. You know I love you, too. And I mean that. Not in that way that Jody would get jealous of me though.

And as for looking for a hotel in Tennessee, if you'll remember, that was Doc driving, not me. :wink:
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Here's what all the fuss was about -

Brandon Boyd - Allison [Elvis Costello cover]
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 8170522613
johnfoyle

Re: the GAP

Post by johnfoyle »