Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Boy With A Problem wrote:Nice weather anyway. The place was crawling with Chelsea supporters, fortunately we found a pub that wasn't letting any of them in.
:lol: :lol:

It was overrun with ManU supporters when I went to a match at Craven Cottage a few years ago. Nice day out along the banks of the Thames, good pubs in the area, great old ground. Frank looked to be getting a lot of grief from the Fulham supporters. I never understood the Fatty Franky Lampard jibes (maybe he carried a few extra pounds in his West Ham days, but is fit as a fiddle now), but they still seem to be popular.

What was Michael Brown trying to do - set a record for ugly, mistimed tackles?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Brown was being paid by Arsene to knobble the greedy bastard. It was good to see/hear Cole getting plenty of stick. I think the Fulham boys may be referring to Frank's wallet :lol:
signed with love and vicious kisses
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I see your newly-acquired greedy, self-centered backstabbing frog scored against Sheffield United.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

I want a picture of Obi Wan Hahnemann.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Oh my gawd - Tottenham looked like a bunch of sunday football players in the UEFA Cup last night! It was painful to watch - we cant score goals even when they give us an open goal! The only player that looked sharp was Chimbonda! Im dreading the rest of the season....... :(
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Only 8 months to go Gilli!

And on last night's performance you won't have long to wait before you're out of the UEFA Cup.

Things could be worse...you could be a Hammer!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Gillibeanz wrote:Oh my gawd - Tottenham looked like a bunch of sunday football players in the UEFA Cup last night! It was painful to watch - we cant score goals even when they give us an open goal! The only player that looked sharp was Chimbonda! Im dreading the rest of the season....... :(
Gilli - you really are the epitomy of the stereotypical whinging fair weather Spurs supporter you hear on the phone-ins every weekend . :roll:
corruptio optimi pessima
KillerBaboon

Post by KillerBaboon »

Chelsea and Villa should be excellent, if not for the football, for the meeting of O'Neill and Mourinho for the first time since THAT Uefa cup final! God I despise that José fella...
There's no money-back guarantee on future happiness...
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

17 Sheff Utd 5 pts
18 Tottenham 4 pts
19 Watford 3 pts
20 Charlton 3 pts
KillerBaboon

Post by KillerBaboon »

I don't like seeing Spurs down there, more for Robbie's sake than anyone else's, and I wouldnt particularly like to see Dowie do that badly either as I rate him as a great manager... But time is ticking on, and it's come to the point of the season where the table is beginning to take some shape... so the bottom four would want to wake up, lest they be stuck down there for the rest of the season...
There's no money-back guarantee on future happiness...
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

KillerBaboon wrote:Chelsea and Villa should be excellent, if not for the football, for the meeting of O'Neill and Mourinho for the first time since THAT Uefa cup final! God I despise that José fella...
Interestingly, O'Neill had nice things to say about Jose. We can't be having that! :wink:
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

so lacklustre wrote:17 Sheff Utd 5 pts
18 Tottenham 4 pts
19 Watford 3 pts
20 Charlton 3 pts
Means fuck all. I will take bets from anyone that Spurs will finish in the top 7. Not as good as I'd hoped, but we've had a tough start (Liverpool,Man Utd and Bolton away anyone?) with lots of injuries to key players. Losing Carrick was also a major blow.

The only poor performances were against Bolton and Everton. we played well against the overrated scousers and the very average Utd. Just didn't get the rub.

After we've lost heavily to Portsmouth this afternoon, I shall delete this post and deny it ever existed. :) ...............but I doubt that will happen and normal service will resume.
corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

It's not meant to mean "fuck all". It's just funny. Next week I will post the top of the table for last two weeks of last season. Even funnier.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

you is such a funny guy. should be on the stage.

personally I think it's funnier that for all your pretty football, you can't beat dour chelski.

:lol:
corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I'm still laughing louder.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Hardly a fairweather spurs supporter Jackson - ive followed them since I was a child. Just fed up and wanting a little bit of glory or some silver in the trophy case for a change this season - not too much to ask of a premier club with top players is it is it? :roll:

So I take if you think we are doing OK and have made a good start then?Facts are we cant score goals or give a convincing performance.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Gillibeanz wrote:Hardly a fairweather spurs supporter Jackson - ive followed them since I was a child. Just fed up and wanting a little bit of glory or some silver in the trophy case for a change this season - not too much to ask of a premier club with top players is it is it? :roll:

So I take if you think we are doing OK and have made a good start then?Facts are we cant score goals or give a convincing performance.
Well you clearly didn't watch the matches against Liverpool and Man Utd if you think we were shit....any right minded person could see that we were highly unfortunate. I just fundamentally believe that a true supporter gets behind the team through good times and bad. Grumbling all the time doesn't help much.
corruptio optimi pessima
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

You are living in cloud cuckoo land Jackson if you think we are performing OK - we watch every single spurs match live do you? I didnt say we were shit in the the matches against Liverpool and Man Utd - I said we cant give a convincing performance - and we cant! Lets look at the cold facts shall we? - 14th in the league and only 7 points. Now that is shit! :roll:

Another mediocre performance yesterday - if we hadnt had the luck of a penalty that never was it would have been a draw. :roll:

And for your information I am a true supporter - im a Spurs woman since childhood and will be until the day I die. If they were relegated to the bottom of the lowest league id still follow them. And if they are not doing well im entitled to say so instead of pretending that they are having 'bad luck' and doing OK! :evil:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Gillibeanz wrote:if we hadnt had the luck of a penalty that never was it would have been a draw. :roll:
...not to mention a disgraceful dive by Zokora.
verbal gymnastics

Gilli and Jackson - are you two lovebirds fighting again?

Honestly, I ought to put you both to bed without any supper :lol:
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Gillibeanz wrote:we watch every single spurs match live do you? :
Well, its a puerile comment, but I'll take the bait..... :roll:

I haven't missed a Spurs home match since the 1st May 2005 (we beat villa 5-1 that day but you probably thought it was a disgrace that we conceded a goal :roll: ) I've also seen them away 10 times (not just sat on the sofa) in the past year, including long hauls to Newcastle and Sunderland. For twelve of the last 14 seasons i've been a season ticket holder.

Does this make me an expert....of course it doesn't. You can sit watching Gordon Ramsey on Telly, but it won't make you a chef. Your assessment of the one footed, lightweight Young Pyo Lee and mine of Davids proves that we can all get it wrong.

The comment you made was that you were "dreading the rest of the season" - this after 6 matches when we have had some very tough matches with key players missing and a number of new players to bed in. I think that's a very negative view to take. Of course we haven't been convincing in every game and our start has been a disappointment. We were poor against Everton (who were excellent) and Fulham and Bolton (who certainly weren't).

Lets just say that we have differing views. Yours is 'doom and gloom', mine is that the glass is half full and that we will keep getting better. We are through to the group stages of the UEFA Cup. We have two excellent new signings in Chimbonda and Zokora and Essou- Ekotto has great potential. Danny Murphy has started to prove me wrong with some fine perfomances. With Lennon to come back and King and Berbatov getting fitter, the future is brighter than you suggest.

I just don't get the value of jumping on the side's back every time they fail to win or win 'convincingly'. This is a tough league. We may well lose at Villa next week and I think we're in for a difficult climb up the table, but I do think we'll get there eventually.

Yesterday wasn't pretty, but football is about confidence and a win is a win. If we had the luck the scousers had last week, we could have scored a hatful.

Zokora's behaviour was a disgrace, and I don't want to see that at Spurs. Mind you, until FIFA make efforts to stop so many other players from doing this kind of thing (most of the Chelsea side for example), we might as well join them!
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:Mind you, until FIFA make efforts to stop so many other players from doing this kind of thing (most of the Chelsea side for example), we might as well join them!
Yeah, we started it all. :roll:
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

I appreciate your honesty :lol:
corruptio optimi pessima
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Jackson Monk wrote: I've also seen them away 10 times (not just sat on the sofa) in the past year, including long hauls to Newcastle and Sunderland. For twelve of the last 14 seasons i've been a season ticket holder.
Well, its a puerile comment, but I'll also take the bait..... :roll: Does being at the match as opposed to watching them live on TV change the performance then?

As for me being 'doom and gloom' im a long long time waiting for a bit of 'cockney pride!'

And as for me being puerile - thats rubbish!! *she said blowing copious raspberries in your general direction* :lol:

VG: Fighting? He started it honest!! I was just telling it like it is!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
verbal gymnastics

[quote="Gillibeanz]VG: Fighting? He started it honest!! I was just telling it like it is!! :lol:[/quote]

Stop telling tales!

Despite what your signature line says, I want you to go up to your (Tottenham) brother and say sorry.

And Jackson, stop annoying your (Tottenham) sister!

And I don't want to hear about who started it first. :lol: