Elvis' cover of Christina Aguilera’s “Beautiful”

Pretty self-explanatory
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Here's an mp3 of Eef Barzelay, Clem Snide’s lead singer, doing a solo version of Beautiful. It's also available in flac form.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

mood swung wrote:Loved his voice, the arrangement not so much. am I too picky? would've been better IMO!!!! :lol: just over a piano, like Xtina's.
I agree, the arrangement doesn't do it for me either. I just heard Björck's album 'Medulla' and I thought: maybe EC should try a 'human beatbox'. It would make this song sound more natural and warm, I think.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

I don't know if this has anything to do with EC's involvement, but I notice that a consulting producer on "House" is John Mankiewicz, who was EC's collaborator on "The Arc Angels," the failed TV project from a few years back.
dirtyteapot

this cover of christina's song is great

Post by dirtyteapot »

i guess there was too many visits to this site... <a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=music" </a>

...already. is there any other way i could get ahold of this audio?
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
--Albert Einstein
Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux

Re: this cover of christina's song is great

Post by Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux »

dirtyteapot wrote:i guess there was too many visits to this site... <a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=music" </a>

...already. is there any other way i could get ahold of this audio?
Teapot, you were at the site for Christina Aguilera's version of "Beautiful." Anyway, I still have an mp3 of it if you want me to send it.
dirtyteapot

Post by dirtyteapot »

oh crap i really screwed up that html...

yeah i'd love to get that mp3 from you.
just shoot it to my email if you don't mind.

dirtyteapot@yahoo

thanks TP Pt Deux
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
--Albert Einstein
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

The second series started on the UK's Channel 5 last night. If things follow their logical sequence this episode should be on Thursday 26th January at 10.00pm.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Someone saw a repeat of this episode and asked me to make this available again so here it is for another week.

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3NE8 ... 4L68YRW4QI
DeathWearsABigHat

Post by DeathWearsABigHat »

if anyone has the Ef Barzley version of the song on Mp3 then please could they email it to me. Thank you.
leopardskin.pillboxhat@yahoo.co.uk
"trust the wizards, here we go" http://www.trustthewizards.com
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

This entry from last July has only just popped up on the Feedster search engine -

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... D=36144094

Joel Hamilton posts -

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Elvis Costello and Me

I just got home from a collaboration with Elvis Costello. Really fun. Made a song together up at avatar... Really fun. Look for it soon... It will freak some people out.....

I guess I am allowed to say what we did now: We did a cover of a linda perry song, made famous by Christina aguilera. It is called "Beautiful" and it aired on the Fox TV show, "House."

Fun times.

11:51 PM - 3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.vsa.cape.com/~twreck/

' Joel Hamilton is an experienced producer/engineer/player and is a partner at Tony Maimone's Studio G in Brooklyn, NY. Joel is managed by MASTERMIND artist management.'
And No Coffee Table

And it's just been announced that the DVD will be out August 22.
And No Coffee Table

I noticed that by eliminating the center channel from the 5.1 mix on the "House" DVD, it's possible to get a version of "Beautiful" without any of the dialogue and without some of the sound effects.

Here's an MP3:
http://download.yousendit.com/CFD17BC00ACB1CB2

It's still incomplete, and it still has the temporary drop in volume around the halfway point, but I believe it's an improvement nonetheless.
charliestumpy

Beautiful

Post by charliestumpy »

As much as I like 'House' I agree that your work has produced an improvement in Costello vocal - many thanks.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

See the 'House' sequence with Elvis' singing and the small bit of dialogue...in German ( you know it makes sense)

-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itmItF1aQes
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/03/05/110433.php

March 05, 2007

Behind "Half-Wit" and Beyond: An Interview with House Executive Producer Katie Jacobs

(extract)

She's particularly excited right now because they're preparing the first House soundtrack CD. It will contain songs from all three seasons, plus a couple of tracks covered by star Hugh Laurie's Band From TV, which also boasts Greg Grunberg of Heroes, James Denton of Desperate Housewives, Bonnie Somerville of Kitchen Confidential, and Bob Guiney of The Bachelor. When we talked, Jacobs wasn't sure if the rights had been secured yet for Elvis Costello's rendition of Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful," which he recorded specifically for the show, but she is hopeful it will be included — as will be fans who have hunted for the elusive track since "Autopsy" aired.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Here's the interview done for the above profile -

http://unifiedtheorynothingmuch.blogspo ... katie.html

(extract)

You do seem to do a good job of matching the mood to the song in the end.

Oh, well thanks, I think we have a lot of opportunity on this show. I'm excited because we're actually doing a CD. I'm really looking forward to it. It's a compilation of a lot of the songs we've used throughout the three seasons, but it's also got two tracks that are covered by Hugh (Laurie) and his band.

Is the Elvis Costello song going to be on there, "Beautiful"?

You know, that's a good question. We would like it to be. I don't know if we've worked the terms out yet, but that's the intention.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Shady posts to the eclistserv

Not sure if this has already been discussed:

The House Original Soundtrack will find its way to stores everywhere on
September 18th. Tracklisting is:

Teardrop - Massive Attack
See The World - Gomez
Walter Reed - Michael Penn
Beautiful (Xtina cover) - Elvis Costello
Dear God ( XTC cover) - Sarah McLachlan
Feelin Alright - Joe Cocker
Waiting On An Angel - Ben Harper
Got To Be More Careful - Jon Cleary and the Absolute Monster Gentlemen
God, Please Let Me Go Back - Josh Rouse
Are You Alright? - Lucinda Williams
Good Man - Josh Ritter
You Can't Always Get What You Want - Band from TV (featuring Hugh Laurie,
Greg Grunberg and James Denton)

It is the full version, clocking in at 3:51
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Excellent. Thanks for this Martin.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Nettwerk Records in association with NBC Universal Video, Music & Product Development is set to release the original television soundtrack to the Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning series, House (FOX) on September 18.
The album features music from such artists as Ben Harper, Gomez, Lucinda Williams and Joe Cocker, as well as previously unreleased tracks from Sarah McLachlan and Elvis Costello. In addition, the soundtrack includes House star Hugh Laurie performing a classic rock song with Band From TV, including Greg Grunberg ("Heroes), James Denton ("Desperate Housewives"), Bonnie Somerville ("Cashmere Mafia"), Bob Guiney ("The Bachelor"), to benefit Laurie's charity Save The Children and other non-profit organizations.

The 12-track compilation echoes the alluring and sometimes dark feel of the emotionally charged series, with Massive Attack's "Teardrop" (the theme song of the series) opening the collection that also includes Ben Harper's "Waiting On An Angel," Lucinda William's "Are You Alright" and Josh Rouse's "God, Please Let Me Go Back."

Fans also get a bonus with never-before released tracks including Elvis Costello's fresh spin on Christina Aguilera's #1 hit single "Beautiful" and Sarah McLachlan's cover of the XTC classic "Dear God" (previously only available in Canada). Additionally, Band From TV, which features a handful of top TV celebrities, covers the Rolling Stones classic "You Can't Always Get What You Want."

"It's been a sheer delight working with Hugh Laurie and the producers behind House to put this together," says Maria Alonte McCoy, Senior Vice President Film & TV Music, Nettwerk Music Group. "The musical choices for this soundtrack are a reflection of the smart, funny yet terribly poignant drama that is House."

"The House soundtrack captures the essence and vibe of this show and offers fans new and unreleased material that was originally recorded for the show," says Shelli Hill, Vice President, Video, Music and Product Development, NBC Universal Television Distribution. "The album also features Hugh Laurie performing with Band From TV, as well as the House theme song from Massive Attack."

Track listing:
1. Massive Attack - Teardrop *
2. Gomez - See The World
3. Jon Clearly & The Absolute Monster Gentleman - Got To Be More Careful
4. Ben Harper - Waiting On An Angel
5. Michael Penn - Walter Reed
6. Elvis Costello - Beautiful **
7. Joe Cocker - Feelin' Alright
8. Sarah McLachlan - Dear God
9. Josh Rouse - God, Please Let Me Go Back
10. Lucinda Williams - Are You Alright?
11. Josh Ritter - Good Man
12. Band From TV - You Can't Always Get What You Want **
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
mystified

Post by mystified »

Hi all! I've lurked around here and finally decided to register.

Anyway, just wanted to post that you can go to http://www.myspace.com/housesoundtrack and hear "Beautiful" in full.
StrictTime

Post by StrictTime »

Many thanks and many welcomes, mystified. Agree, love the voice, but the arrangement....
Why don't you write about it in your blag?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/20 ... cible.html

New York Magazine, USA

Right-Click
9/26/07

Elvis Costello, "Beautiful" (Christina Aguilera cover)
The man born Declan MacManus seems hell-bent on testing his impenetrable cool by marrying Diana Krall, collaborating with Anne Sofie Von Otter, and now covering Christina Aguilera. Lo and behold, the King of America walks away unscathed. [Inkiostro]
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://music.ign.com/articles/829/829355p1.html

(extract)

The collection's most unique offering is Elvis Costello's cover of Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" The subterranean-electro cover booms, ticks, and creeps around similarly to Massive Attack's haunting theme song. Costello's hear-it-to-believe-it take on it may give you new appreciation for the original, yet it is strangely compelling in a train-wreck sort of way
colrow26

Post by colrow26 »

...its a bit The Bridge i burned/My dark life....but in a good way!
...I want him to hurt...
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis in T.V. medical drama "House"

Post by johnfoyle »