Busted in the Bar

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Mike Boom

Busted in the Bar

Post by Mike Boom »

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/8169246/detail.html

What is going on here?

How can the police bust you for drunk driving before you even get in your car? How can the police bust you for drunk driving if you have a designated driver? How can the police bust you for drunk driving if your drinking in the bar of the Hotel your staying at and arent even going to drive?
I mean I know its strictly against the law to be publicly intoxicated but geez.

What to stop drunk driving? Get a public transport system, cheap taxis!

This just seems bizarre to me. I know that if they tried this in New Zealand there would be a public uprising!
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Hilarious. But don't let our Government know :roll: It's almost the law to go out and get drunk over here. It deviates our minds from the endless stream of stealth taxes being imposed on us.

Of course it costs a fortune to actually get drunk...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

Here in Illinois it's called the 50-foot rule. If you're in possession of your car keys within 50 feet of your car, and you're intoxicated, you can be arrested. If you're in the back seat of your parked car sleeping it off, you can be arrested. If you're in your driveway washing your car, and you've got the ignition on to play the radio, and you've been drinking, you can be arrested. There's more but you get the idea.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Strikes me as an extreme example of American puritanism run pathetically amok. And we liberals are the ones always being accussed of being for "a nanny state"...

Of course, this is a state which until fairly recently, as I recall, allowed drive-through daiquiris and drinking-and-driving (though not drunk driving).

Not exactly consistent in messaging.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!