Costello & Nieve September 2024 UK tour

Pretty self-explanatory
Psc

Costello & Nieve September 2024 UK tour

Post by Psc »

COSTELLO & NIEVE
ANNOUNCE SEPTEMBER DATES!

Elvis Costello and Steve Nieve have announced a 15 date tour of the UK & Ireland for September 2024, playing selections from a songbook that is fifty years long and twice as deep.

The tour kicks off in Glasgow on September 5, includes the London Palladium on September 21st, and finishes with a four - night run in Dublin at Vicar Street. They also play Wolverhampton for the first time in 30 years!

The presales start Wednesday, December 6 at 10 am local time
with password ECSN2024

For all upcoming shows, head to the tour page.
It's not a matter of life or death. But what is, what is?
sweetest punch

Re: Costello & Nieve September 2024 UK tour

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.elviscostello.com/uncategor ... et-dublin/

ELVIS COSTELLO & STEVE NIEVE SEPTEMBER TOUR INCLUDING LONDON PALLADIUM AND 4 NIGHTS AT VICAR STREET, DUBLIN

Elvis Costello and Steve Nieve have announced a 15 date tour of the UK & Ireland for September 2024, playing selections from a songbook that is fifty years long and twice as deep.

The tour kicks off in Glasgow on September 5, includes The London Palladium on September 21st, and finishes with a four – night run in Dublin at Vicar Street. They also play Wolverhampton for the first time in 30 years!

Tickets go on-sale Friday, December 10th at 10:00am from
ElvisCostello.com.

ELVIS COSTELLO & STEVE NIEVE Play the following shows:
September 2024

Thu 5 Glasgow, Theatre Royal Glasgow
Sat 7 Gateshead, The Glasshouse International Centre for Music
Sun 8 Manchester, Opera House Manchester
Wed 11 Liverpool, Liverpool Olympia
Sat 14 Cardiff, New Theatre, Cardiff
Sun 15 Oxford, New Theatre Oxford
Tue 17 Bristol, Bristol Beacon
Wed 18 Poole, Lighthouse
Sat 21 London, The London Palladium
Tue 24 Ipswich, Regent Theatre
Wed 25 Wolverhampton, The Civic at The Halls Wolverhampton
Fri 27 Dublin, Vicar Street
Sat 28 Dublin, Vicar Street
Mon 30 Dublin, Vicar Street

October
Tue 1 Dublin, Vicar Street

Following the acclaim for their 2023 appearance at the National Concert Hall, Costello and Nieve return to Dublin to close the tour with a four-night stand at Vicar St, during which they will present something approaching 100 songs in four different programmes.

“Costello is one of the world’s greatest songwriters, up there with McCartney. You forget how many timeless songs he actually has until he plays them. It is immediately obvious of the enduring power of them too.” Irish Independent, Dublin, Ireland – September 7th, 2023

The collaboration of Elvis Costello and Steve Nieve has spanned over 45 years, with appearances together on 25 record albums – from “Watching The Detectives” to “The Boy Named If” – and on countless stages. Yet twenty years have elapsed since Costello and Nieve made their last full-length appearance in the U.K. at the Cafe de Paris, London in 2004.

Since early 2023 – when Costello undertook a ten-night engagement at the Gramercy Theatre in New York City – the songwriter has taken a deeper, more curious look at his repertoire.

Costello said, “I want to uncover, rediscover, dismantle and re-assemble songs, “Before your very eyes”, as stage magicians used to announce before their next trick.”

That NYC stand promised “100 Songs In 10 Nights”, a figure which was surpassed by Night Four. More than 230 different songs had been performed by Night Ten with Steve Nieve sharing the stage for over half of those performances.

From late August to early October 2023 the “Costello & Nieve” presentation visited twenty-two European cities; from Madrid to Oslo, from Brussels to Budapest, arriving at new connections with well-known titles after having received some of the most sustained applause for songs that had rarely, if ever, featured in concert and garnering rave press notices along the way.

“Costello’s unique singing is of astonishing quality, the voice is always powerful, as is the piano.” Luzerner Zeitung, Lucerne, Switzerland – October 3rd, 2023.

Costello’s songs have recently featured in the Rupert Goold-directed Almeida Theatre production of “Cold War”, adapted for the stage by Conor McPherson from Pawel Pawlikowski’s 2018 OSCAR-nominated motion picture.

“I Do (Zula’s Song)” was written in response upon first viewing “Cold War”, before the idea of an adaptation was even proposed.

The stage version of “Cold War” features new arrangements and interpretations of titles from Costello’s catalogue alongside songs specially written for this adaptation.

The Almeida production of “Cold War” has been in preview since November 30th, 2023, and runs until January 27th, 2024.

Last edited by sweetest punch on Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Psc

Post by Psc »

Why does everyone announce next year's tours at this time of year when spare cash is at a premium?! I just splashed out for Squeeze tickets last week... :shock:
Psc

Post by Psc »

Bristol tickets in the presale start at £85, up to £115. Sorry Elvis, that's too much for me.. unless some cheaper balcony seats show up in the general sale on Friday, my 29th Costello show might be some time away yet :(
By way of comparison, balcony seats for Squeeze at Bristol Beacon next October cost me just over £40 each..
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

I got Liverpool 4th row at £111, way too expensive, but this is logged as my birthday gift !!!!
Psc

Post by Psc »

Excellent! That's good timing :wink:
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Psc wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:00 am Excellent! That's good timing :wink:
My birthday's in March ! Suspect most people will have one in 2024 :oops:
Psc

Post by Psc »

download.jpg
download.jpg (13.54 KiB) Viewed 14733 times
Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

delete
Last edited by Harry Worth on Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

Ridiculously expensive for Manchester, and £49 of charges on 4 tickets!

I would have really liked him to have included a small levy for the Music Venues Trust (https://www.musicvenuetrust.com/) who are campaigning for something similar to the scheme in France where all major live music events are required to pay 3.5% of each ticket sale into a fund to support grassroots artists and venues.
Psc

Post by Psc »

Yes that would be a nice touch. Really saddened to read the news this week about Moles Club in Bath closing down. Brilliant local venue that had survived for many years. A big loss!
dreamtime

Post by dreamtime »

Palladium presale all gone. Any chance of extra nights??
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

dreamtime wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:12 am Palladium presale all gone. Any chance of extra nights??
Another night in London is possible, either Friday 20th or Sunday 22nd (or both?). There are some other gaps between shows and some parts of the UK that the 11 dates do not cover. For instance, nothing in the East Midlands or Yorkshire, so one of Leicester/Nottingham/Sheffield might be added.

MOOT
Pars

Post by Pars »

Booked decent seats in the stalls in Wolverhampton Civic Hall pre-sale. I fainted last time I saw Elvis at this venue, on the Brutal Youth tour. Not because of his animal magnetism I hasten to add….but due to a bad dose of flu.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Pars wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:55 pm Booked decent seats in the stalls in Wolverhampton Civic Hall pre-sale. I fainted last time I saw Elvis at this venue, on the Brutal Youth tour. Not because of his animal magnetism I hasten to add….but due to a bad dose of flu.
The last time I saw him there too - memorable for me because my cassette recorder was taken from me at the door and when I went to collect it all the other confiscated item were either flick knives, Nazi daggers and a machete !
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I got front row at the Palladium; row A-E at Ipswich and row E at Oxford.

I will be notified of the seats for London and Ipswich 2-3 weeks after booking :roll:

To have front row feels great but I’ll reserve judgement until the confirmation arrives. September 21st is the day after my birthday so an additional night on 20th would be welcomed!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Front row sorted!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The Brodsky Quartet will support Elvis and Steve on September 22:
https://lwtheatres.co.uk/whats-on/elvis ... eve-nieve/