Elvis on the White Room, Aug. 1996

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis on the White Room, Aug. 1996

Post by johnfoyle »

The songs from this show - recorded 2 August 1996 , broadcast 9 August 1996 - have appeared recently on youTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2k-FbGV5PY

The Other End of the Telescope - Elvis Costello

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=mme ... =endscreen

Radio Sweetheart - Elvis Costello
verbal gymnastics

Re: Elvis on the White Room, Aug. 1996

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Didn't he do My Funny Valentine as well? If my memory serves me correctly, they showed this the week after this show was broadcast and one of the Marks (Radcliffe I think) said you could hear a pin drop.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Don't recall seeing that one air at the time, but both performances were top notch. JHe looks like he's about to cry in TOEOTT! I reckon he should play that on the current tour too. Another cracking song.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Don't recall seeing that one air at the time, but both performances were top notch. JHe looks like he's about to cry in TOEOTT! I reckon he should play that on the current tour too. Another cracking song.
TOEOTT has been played already at RAH http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... -04_London

RE The White Room..I think I had this on VHS..don't think he did MFV.. think it was something from ATUB probably "It's Time" I can't be sure now.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Ha, he's done it already. Too many songs to keep abreast of. Don't know Kendel Carson, singing fiddle player with a mane of hair, but two seconds on YouTube reveals:

Gorgeous!

Two added seconds with YouTube reveals Verbie to be correct:

A sublime rendition, you could indeed here a pindrop (though if Radcliffe did say that, it's cut off here). Has his voice ever sounded better than this? Looks like it's been transferred from an old VHS, but great to see it.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
terryhurley

Post by terryhurley »

Two added seconds with YouTube reveals Verbie to be correct:

A sublime rendition, you could indeed here a pindrop (though if Radcliffe did say that, it's cut off here). Has his voice ever sounded better than this? Looks like it's been transferred from an old VHS, but great to see it.[/quote]

oh that is simply stunning.