Re: Elvis/'Spinning , UK tour , May 2012

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Try here for standing ticket for Cambridge

https://www.ticketline.co.uk/order/tick ... f=standard
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

Looks like I may have to dust off my passport for this UK tour. I May be able to manage 2 or 3 of these dates. I have a brother in Glasgow and other friends/family in NW England. Liverpool would be nice (Colin?) Just wonderin' who's attending & where for a meet up???.. RAH London also appeals as I've never been to a gig there. Not finalising travel details yet as I'm hoping on some more European dates to be added (Pref in Spain) in June...

Who's attending and where?
the_roofdog

Post by the_roofdog »

In the interests of full disclosure I went for Manchester, RAH & Cambridge in the end.
krm

Post by krm »

The imposter wrote:Looks like I may have to dust off my passport for this UK tour. I May be able to manage 2 or 3 of these dates. I have a brother in Glasgow and other friends/family in NW England. Liverpool would be nice (Colin?) Just wonderin' who's attending & where for a meet up???.. RAH London also appeals as I've never been to a gig there. Not finalising travel details yet as I'm hoping on some more European dates to be added (Pref in Spain) in June...

Who's attending and where?

For sake of completion: no plans for UK yet! (no money either...) , hoping for some more european dates though.........
Mikeh

Post by Mikeh »

Am I the only one going to Nottingham? A visit to Fopp records in the afternoon, a swift orange juice at the Trip to Jerusalem pub (dates from 1100ish) and off to the show!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Basingstoke Row G
RAH Row L
signed with love and vicious kisses
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

verbal gymnastics wrote:What am I? VGTickets? :lol:
Well it appears that I am VGTickets. Although I didn't get tickets for BWAP in the end, and aside for getting tickets for sulky lad I've got tickets for MOOT for London and Basingstoke.

Which I don't mind but they are better than the tickets I got for myself!!!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Was at the Cambridge Corn Ex box office at 10.00 when the tickets went on sale. A mere £42.50 a pop, possibly one of the most expensive tickets ever on sale at the Corn Ex. Will be worth it. At least if you pay in person with a wad of cash (rather than one of those nasty plastic things they charge you to use), you avoid any additional charges. I got 4. There was a queue when I arrived, and I thought 'gosh Elvis is in demand', but the people in front at least were buying Matt Cardle tickets (X Factor bloke or the like). In answer to my own question 'Has Elvis played the Corn Exchange before?', the answer is yes, but over 34 years before his second visit! It will be his 5th show here:

March 31 1978: Corn Exchange [the shabby old place before it was refurbished in the 80s]
June 12 1978: Trinity College May Ball
June 13 1980: King's College May Ball
July 29 1995: Cambridge Folk Festival [was at a wedding in Wales so missed this]
May 26 2012: Corn Ex, Revolver, night to remember
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

verbal gymnastics wrote:
verbal gymnastics wrote:What am I? VGTickets? :lol:
Well it appears that I am VGTickets. Although I didn't get tickets for BWAP in the end, and aside for getting tickets for sulky lad I've got tickets for MOOT for London and Basingstoke.

Which I don't mind but they are better than the tickets I got for myself!!!
I utilized the So Lacklustre ticket agency for the Basingstoke show - I like to get as local as possible with these things. Shaping up to be a fun weekend in May - something to look forward to after the first snow of the year last night.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
littletriggers

Post by littletriggers »

Brighton row D

Baisingstoke row C

Just gonna turn up at Bournemouth

R.A.H.will it sell out I doubt and a shameful waste when half empty as Nick Lowe was a year or two back
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Most of the concerts announced so far are in countries that are left out of the "All This Strangers" solo tour: UK, France, Denmark.
So are they going to wait until the "All This Strangers" tour is over to announce Spinning Songbook concerts in the countries where he played solo? Or will the wheel skip these countries?
If the wheel is going to skip these countries, I'm going to travel to London or Paris. So, Elvis, please let us know this as soon as possible.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

sweetest punch wrote:Most of the concerts announced so far are in countries that are left out of the "All This Strangers" solo tour: UK, France, Denmark.
So are they going to wait until the "All This Strangers" tour is over to announce Spinning Songbook concerts in the countries where he played solo? Or will the wheel skip these countries?
If the wheel is going to skip these countries, I'm going to travel to London or Paris. So, Elvis, please let us know this as soon as possible.
I just spoke to Elvis and he said "For fuck sake are these people never fucking happy! Paris is near Belgium just go there or get the Eurofuckingtunnel to fucking London. Actually not decided, it depends on how well the Anvil show sells as Basingstoke is similar to Belgium"
signed with love and vicious kisses
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

so lacklustre wrote:
sweetest punch wrote:Most of the concerts announced so far are in countries that are left out of the "All This Strangers" solo tour: UK, France, Denmark.
I just spoke to Elvis and he said "For fuck sake are these people never fucking happy! Paris is near Belgium just go there or get the Eurofuckingtunnel to fucking London. Actually not decided, it depends on how well the Anvil show sells as Basingstoke is similar to Belgium"
Just booked for RAH on May 24! :)
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
littletriggers

Post by littletriggers »

Hey Hey Hey just tell it like it is and say what you mean, lustreduster !
Last edited by littletriggers on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Sweetest wrote
Just booked for RAH on May 24
Wonderful, looking forward to meeting you for the first time since Barbicon 2008.
For the record, Mr lapels will be at
Manchester,
Liverpool,
Birmingham (front row courtesy VG)
Bristol,
Nottingham,
RAH and
Basingstoke.
Not sure about any others, probably can't do Brighton due to elderly parent's birthday and might be pushing my luck with Mrs. Sulky for any more :(
Now for Sligo tomorrow with Mr Foyle !! :D
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

sulky lad wrote: For the record, Mr lapels will be at : Manchester, Liverpool,Birmingham (front row courtesy VG) Bristol, Nottingham, RAH and Basingstoke.
Really pleased for you - racking up that number of appearances makes you odds on with Ladbrokes to be the first poster on this Board to spin in the UK - all that lapel action is really going to f**k my ratio on DIME

Enjoy Sligo

Colin Top Balcony
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

The imposter wrote:Looks like I may have to dust off my passport for this UK tour. . Liverpool would be nice (Colin?) Just wonderin' who's attending & where for a meet up???..
Hope you can make it to the People's Republic, so far at the Liverpool show we have me, Sulky, John, Olivers1, and Death...

Looks like we should arrange to be in Dr Duncan's ahead of the show.

Colin Top Balcony
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Top Balcony writes
Looks like we should arrange to be in Dr Duncan's ahead of the show.
Yes indeed, I'll be there :D
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

cool guys...you're getting ME jealous now. you deserve it! king foyle looks like he got a great solo show tonight. sulky, you're wife is a treasure. seven shows and mrs. a might well walk!!! nah, she'd come to two and let me go to a couple alone. but, NOT five more. i'm glad for you...BUY CASSETTES BY THE TEN PACKS!
Otis Westinghouse

Top balcony wrote:all that lapel action is really going to f**k my ratio on DIME
I used to lie awake at night wondering how I'd ever make it up to 1.0 on Dime, but then Vuze came along where everything stays permanently seeding as long as people want it, and now I rest easy. Except that I never seem to get beyond 1.95. Actually I think I went over 2 before downloading the lovely Warner Theatre DVD. EC Brussels Sept 2002 still leads my pack with a handsome 10.5 share ratio! It used to be BA's Beacon August 1995, but that's now slumped to a mere 5. I assume Vuze runs on PC same as on Mac for me, so strongly recommended if you don't have it.

Sulky: who's gonna tape Cambridge for me? Guess we are a bit far if you're down in Plymouth or something, but then again it is only 50 mins from London by train.
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:
Top balcony wrote:all that lapel action is really going to f**k my ratio on DIME
I used to lie awake at night wondering how I'd ever make it up to 1.0 on Dime, but then Vuze came along where everything stays permanently seeding as long as people want it, and now I rest easy. Except that I never seem to get beyond 1.95. Actually I think I went over 2 before downloading the lovely Warner Theatre DVD. EC Brussels Sept 2002 still leads my pack with a handsome 10.5 share ratio! It used to be BA's Beacon August 1995, but that's now slumped to a mere 5. I assume Vuze runs on PC same as on Mac for me, so strongly recommended if you don't have it.
I'm confused. Doesn't ratio depend on which tracker site you use (eg Dime/ trader's den or demonoid) Not which bittorrent app you use (eg utorrent or azureus/ vuze)

My ratio is different on all 3. Now after seeding torrents from dime almost 24/7 for about 6 MONTHS! I have reached .50 and the smiley character no longer shakes his head at me in disgust but he still looks disapproving.. :x

port forwarding helps but it seems you have to leave the program running almost permanently :x
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

The imposter wrote:
Otis Westinghouse wrote:
I'm confused. Doesn't ratio depend on which tracker site you use (eg Dime/ trader's den or demonoid) Not which bittorrent app you use (eg utorrent or azureus/ vuze)

My ratio is different on all 3. Now after seeding torrents from dime almost 24/7 for about 6 MONTHS! I have reached .50 and the smiley character no longer shakes his head at me in disgust but he still looks disapproving.. :x

port forwarding helps but it seems you have to leave the program running almost permanently :x
You are correct. It depends on the site, not the app. My advice on getting your ratio up - continue to seed after your download is complete. If you download early, ie right after the initial posting/seeding, you become an early seeder, in which case your ratio will continue to increase. If you download too late, then there are no more leechers and therefore no opportunities to upload from your account.

Does that make sense?
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

docinwestchester wrote:You are correct. It depends on the site, not the app. My advice on getting your ratio up - continue to seed after your download is complete. If you download early, ie right after the initial posting/seeding, you become an early seeder, in which case your ratio will continue to increase. If you download too late, then there are no more leechers and therefore no opportunities to upload from your account.

Does that make sense?
Absolutely! It's a bit like fishing. I sometimes check dime for leechers, then try to hook them in by seeding. Sometimes It's not always possible to be an initial seeder. My gripe is that you have to keep lots of flac files on your HD in case one starts to upload, which often can be weeks or months later ( :? ) and of course leave the program running for days on end. I think you can have too many files seeding though. I tend to keep it to around 40 max of which only 20 are seeding at once.

Fortunately most of my recent downs have now achieved a decent ratio, but it takes time....I only have this issue with dime though. Other torrents on other sites seem to have more leechers and you're not punished for low ratios. So you hardly have to upload at all. I reckon dime should allow more members, this would increase traffic. right?

I'd be grateful for any more tips on this..

Sorry for kidnapping this thread, but Top Balcony raises an interesting point.
Otis Westinghouse

In my experience it's the app not the site. I've only ever used Dime for regular bit torrenting, going back years now. I always struggled, as noted, until I got Vuze because it was unusual to be able to go above a 1 ratio on any download, whereas Vuze lets everything run and run, hence my 10 x ratio on Brussels. Therefore it isn't a prob that some downloads never seed, e.g. I have an excellent Villagers solo Dublin Working Man's Club on 0, and the EC 2010 British Isles tour collection got to 0.05 before reporting a failure. This is my experience, anyway.
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

I let things "run and run" from dime and this is the problem. Sometimes nothing moves for days on end. Other nights I go out and return to find I've uploaded 500MB :?:

You are always seeding until you "remove" a torrent from your app, unless it is "stopped"