Costello on songfacts.com

Pretty self-explanatory
Stuart Gardner

Costello on songfacts.com

Post by Stuart Gardner »

I wasn't aware of songfacts until just now, so perhaps it will be new and of interest to some of you as well.
I was searching for information on The Bridge I Burned. The site does not contain anything on that song, but thirty Costello songs are referenced here. I don't know yet whether most of these entries are particularly worthwhile -- I'll check them out later -- but I do see that the entry on One Bell Ringing features a video of Costello performing the song live.
I'll be posting my question about The Bridge I Burned here on the forum.

http://www.songfacts.com/artist:elvis_costello.php
Stuart Gardner

Re: Costello on songfacts.com

Post by Stuart Gardner »

I won't be posting that question about The Bridge I Burned after all; I Googled and found what I was after on the songfacts entry for Pop Life by Prince.
I had always remembered that Costello's song resulted from some sort of unpleasantness with Prince but the details had faded.
From the Pop Life entry:

Elvis Costello planned to do a cover version of this song with altered lyrics as part of his 1997 greatest hits package Extreme Honey. However, Prince refused him permission to do so and instead Elvis borrowed the chord sequence of this song for the one original track on the album, "The Bridge I Burned."

As most of you probably knew.
Anyway...