E.C fillers?

Pretty self-explanatory
whar

Post by whar »

Yeah.

Really, you can't even call BGABNH(d) filler- because it isn't even on an album. This fact doesn't hurt it either- look at Tiny Steps, New Rythm Method, Almost Ideal Eyes, Big Tears, and (<3) From Head To Toe. These are wonderful tracks that also got cut.
Oy with the poodles, already!
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Please let me clarify......I was acknowledging Thomasso's statement about EC's records having a concept or flow and therefore needing to have all the songs~good or not-so-good~to complete a record.

I WAS NOT, however, agreeing in any way, shape or form with his statement about his pre-KOA work being subpar!!!! NO WAY!
That is an outrageous statement! Not to begrudge anyone their opinion or deny them of their favorite tunes.....but c'mon!!!

I DO, however, stand by my comment about BGABNH. Awful song.

Yeah...Sweet Pear isn't on the top of my list either. I've really only listened to it a few times. I felt a desperation and an honesty in the lyrics that I remember liking, but no, not the snazziest tune.
I just thought it made a good moniker.
Maybe you should give it a listen, WHAR, and then decide.
I'm not angry anymore....
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

Sweet Pear, I don't want to sound like the only idiot on this website, so just for the record, his older material IS good (sorry if I may have said it was bad quality or such). I now realize you guys like his older material a bit more than his newer, I suppose it's related with your generation or the incredible frat years you guys had during Elvis's entry to the musical world, and of course a hint of nostalgia added in there as well. Anywho, please don't take me as a young-hooligan who can't stan anything un-modern. My preference is different, yes, and I suppose the comment I made was a bit out of line (especially here)

My outrageous comment for all you viewers: "I would say many songs he's done before King of America aren't very good at all (B Movie, Lipstick Vogue, Poison Moon), but it was part of the "Act" I guess..."

I said many, guys. And I honestly beleive there are a bit too many songs that are un-needed on his pre-GCW albums. These are the real fillers, cause right up until Almost Blue, his albums were intended to sell at all costs, he was writing about anything that came to his ind (Until Bebe came in the picture) so therefore a lot of songs on his older albums could be removed without "Tearing awaya chapter in a book". That's all.
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Whoa there, Thomasso!!
I never said you were an idiot and I don't think your comments are such either. I'm just disagreeing with something you said. I'm sorry if you felt I was diasecting your comment. Like I said in my previous post, I don't begrudge you or anyone else their opinion or their favorites. Stand up for yourself, don't say you're an idiot for having an opinion!
I really don't know anything about you and have no idea how old you are. You're making me wonder what you might know about me! :lol:
I'll tell ya....I was never a frat boy and I'm not THAT old!!
You gotta relax. You're very uptight for a young guy.....um, if that's what you are. :lol:

On a serious note, let me just say that I do not prefer Elvis's older stuff over any of his newer stuff. I think he's got a lot of GREAT stuff from all over the place. He's always different, ever changing and original....and very hard to peg down.
I wuv him. I wuv all of him.

:D
LittleFoole

Post by LittleFoole »

SweetPear wrote: On a serious note, let me just say that I do not prefer Elvis's older stuff over any of his newer stuff. I think he's got a lot of GREAT stuff from all over the place. He's always different, ever changing and original....and very hard to peg down.
I wuv him. I wuv all of him.

Agreed !!!! I feel oddly compelled to add that I, too, was never a frat boy, but am indeed getting up there (closing in on 48 yrs old).....and my wife would, at times, agree that I can indeed be an idiot of epic proportions ;)
And I love "My Sci-Fi Twin" !!!! Most everything EC is worth listening to, at one point in time or another. am still trying to "like" the Juliet Letters and North....TDM was a refreshing blast 8)
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

SweetPear wrote: You gotta relax. You're very uptight for a young guy.....um, if that's what you are. :lol:
:lol: I would never call myself an idiot nor do I beleive my opinions are of "Lesser" quality than anybody else's, I just said that to keep myslef from looking like a young-hooligan I would simply say I like his older stuff. :lol: Don't feel sorry for me or yourself..besides, there's too much drama in this thread already. And for the uptight part, well, I guess you could say I share that with Declan!
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Hmmmm, a young hooligan....... :wink:

You're funny.