A VERY big thanks to legman open to offers

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
noiseradio

A VERY big thanks to legman open to offers

Post by noiseradio »

Last night, Oliver's Army played a show at The Dugout in Addison, TX (wealthy suburb of Dallas). Legman open to offers (formerly known as practickingrichcraft) was there (as he has been many times), sat front and center, and sandg along with every word. He may not realize what an encouragement that is, but it makes a huge difference to play for people who love this music.

But wait, there's MUCH more.

Evidently, legman made a trek to Colorado to see Elvis and the Imposters when they were in Denver recently. He came up between sets and showed us some souvenirs he had gotten from the show. One was an official setlist (preumably from the stage) which was autographed by the Man. The other two were--I am not making this up:

1. An Oliver's Army sticker (that we give out at our shows), autographed by Elvis.

2. A poster for an Oliver's Army show that legman had picked up at said show--also autographed by Elvis.

But wait, there's MORE.

Not only did legman get Elvis to autograph two pieces of Oliver's Army stuff, thereby telling him about our existence, but he also informed Mr. Costello that this site was putting a tribute CD together for him.

Put your tongues back in your mouths.

Because there's more.

Legman (I'm getting teary-eyed) gave me the autographed sticker. I now have Elvis Costello's Autograph on a sticker for my band. It is among my most prized posessions, right up there with my autographs of the Smothers Brothers, Cal Ripken, Adam West and Berkeley Breathed. More so even than those, as this was a gift that was completely selfless on his part. All the other autographs I got and kept. And that he got the autograph on our sticker and all that that implies--the mind reels.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Noise, you need to get out more!
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

Not...feeling...any...pressure...to...produce....

Arrgh!

Better get this CD package finished, eh???

:shock:
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
A rope leash

Fan to fan

Post by A rope leash »

Two Elvi reach out and create a pivotal moment of fate.

Let's all press our fingertips together and give a leering stare while we simultaneously breathe out the word:

"Excellent..."
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

"Somebody's ordering room service sir..."

"Released the winged monkeys..."

..a Mr Burns moment.

Yeah, better get that track finished. What did EC say about the disc. "That's nice"
"That's terrible"
"What a bunch of loser freaks"
etc...

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
legman open to offers

Post by legman open to offers »

Ah yes, a great night at the Dugout. Noise and the boys were tight, they filled the place with energy and all the passion that Noise puts in every number. You are entirely welcome. It wouldn't be possible without the great and very accessible Elvis Costello. I did recieve a reward for the sticker. I was presented a handsome Olivers Army shirt, which I proudly wore all day today. Thank you for that. It will surely be the next signed item, because I will be wearing it next time I see Elvis. The band also dedicated a song of my choice, which was God's Comic. I heard the first few measures of Deep Dark Truthful Mirror too, I hope you get that worked up soon.
As for EC's reply about the tribute disc, he said "oh really", and nodded. He was brief yet patient with the fans. He met with all that was there then left in a black limo. I have a couple of pics I can post if I can figure out how.
Hope to see you guys again soon. Maybe the Cavern in a couple of weeks. I'm leaving for Indiana with my sons tomorrow and return later in the week. Screw this heat.
Now I'm the invisible man, and you can't see me.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Amen.

Enjoy your trip, and I'll see you when you get back.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

i LOVE the vicarious living i get to do here.

wheeeeee!

easily amused, and happy, poppet.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....