David Mead

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

David Mead

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Okay. Some of you whose music knowledge I bow to - please help me. I just found out David Mead is opening for the Joe Jackson show that Taz and I have tickets to next month in Atlanta.

My crazy existence sometimes creates black holes in my musical exposure and I am not familiar with this person. Can someone give me a brief update on who this is - and I don't mean putting his name into Google - I did that. Just looking for opinions or thoughts on this guy and his music so I know what to expect at the show. The stuff I saw on Google made him look pretty good though.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

well, I can tell you for certain that he is no relation of mine! Never heard of him, spooks.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

David Mead is an american singer/song writer, he's pretty upbeat and acoustic. Maybe a description might be Elton John mixed with Bryan Adams...

The single 'Girl on the roof off' the album 'Mine and yours' is pretty fun... I have that one album after hearing the guy with Jonathan Ross on BBC2, and its ok, not mindblowing, but good.

:twisted:
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Just saw him supporting Ron Sexsmith here in Dublin. Opened his set with an ironicly upbeat version of Nick Drake's Pink Moon and finished with a bland version of Wacko's Human Nature. In between was workmanlike, nothing exceptional. He was playing acoustic, so maybe he's better with a band. Good luck to him.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Haha. I'm destined never to meet a Folye brother.

Yeah I was at the Ron show too, I liked the covers, the songs in between did nothing really for me. Afterwards he was selling and signing his CD, so one of my friends bought one and we briefly chatted to the guy. I'll have a listen, coz it's produced by Adam "Fountains of Wayne" Schlezinger, but overall his songs stuck me as being quite straightforward.

The version of Something that he did with Ron was nice though. How great is Ron Sexsmith? (Ans: Verygreat)

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

So, sp00ks...did you already get your tickets?? Just got an e-mail confirmation the other day that mine were being shipped (as of yesterday), have no idea who'll be opening for J.J. at the Showbox.

:D
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."