Happy Father's Day

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
BlueChair

Happy Father's Day

Post by BlueChair »

I know we've got a few proud dads (although we seem to have a lot more moms) on the board, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to wish those fathers, would-be fathers, or should-be fathers a very happy father's day.

You all have my respect for putting up with young folks like me well into our early adulthood and beyond.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Thanks son. :D :lol:
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Thank you very much.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

You're very sweet and a joy to your parents. How come Father's Day is the same in the US and here, but Mother's Day isn't? my father always dismissed FD as 'an American invention'! As I get older, although I have no age hang-ups, I find myself enjoying FD almost more than my birthday. Maybe it's just that it's always a Sunday, so I can indulge in the thrilling spectacle of excited kids falling over themselves to wait on me hand and foot. One day of slave labour a year isn't so bad, is it?
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Not at all, nor is opening your presents and finding:

1. Raising Arizona on DVD
2. Talking Heads Stop Making Sense on DVD
3. The Proclaimers - Video Collection - DVD
4. Salt by Mark Kurlansky - book
5. Collection of New Yorker cartoons - book.

Nice haul, methinks.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Wow Noise, you have some kool kids! 8)

I must say there's nothing quite as touching as a man speaking fondly of his children.
Happy belated Father's Day to all you dad's.
All us mom's appreciate you very much.
I'm not angry anymore....
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

Definitely happy Fathers Day to all you papa's out there!!!!
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I got The Essential Spike Milligan (book), a carrier for my CD walkman, wine, chocolate and pistaccios. Mmmmmmm.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Actually, I have a cool wife, who picked and wrapped the gifts from the kids, but I agree that it was very cool. I also bought Spirited Away with a gift certificate from my mother in law. Excellent film.
--William Shakespeare
HungupStrungup

Big Suit memories

Post by HungupStrungup »

A lot of time has elapsed since Father's Day (or is it Fathers' Day?), but I'm just catching up on these posts now. So how did you like the SMS DVD, noise? I'm especialy fond of some of the bonuses. "Big Business"/"I Zimbra" is very fine!
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I've watched it several times, and I love it. Best concert movie I have ever seen.
--William Shakespeare
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

The commentary is great too, which is odd for a concert movie. And David Byrne interviewing himself. Is there any popular music that's smart anymore?

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu