Alone for NYE

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

I hear you, honey, and I feel ya. If you can't whine among friends, what can you do?

Anything I can do to make you feel better...?
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Thanks, dear. I just need to shake the very bad habit of hanging onto this one particular person. It's awful when you love someone and they're mean. I don't understand...

God I've never looked forward so much to going back to work.
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Woman, I've been there. I'm six months out from leaving a sad and controlling man who needed nothing more than a woman to serve him and save him from himself. I still love him, but I realized that staying with him would have been slow suicide. For more than two years, I endured name calling and much worse. You are worth more than whatever you're holding on to. Love is blind...but sometimes it's deaf, dumb and retarded, too. Be strong, sista.
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Thank you. I appreciate your wisdom... the sad thing about this situation is that this person is just a friend, but no matter how little I expect, I get less. It's stupid and I know how I'd advise a friend on the same situation-- ditch 'em!-- but you know how it is when you love someone.

Oy. Thanks, you are better than candy.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I worked NYE for the first time. I enjoyed it, people stabbing each other...

DrJ

(Thank God the board's back)
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

DrJ wrote:I worked NYE for the first time. I enjoyed it, people stabbing each other...
Nothing quite like ringing in the New Year with a good old-fashioned knife attack, is there? :wink:
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick