Elvis concerts in Germany - May 21, 22

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis concerts in Germany - May 21, 22

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.ruhrtriennale.de/en/?page=/e ... y_of_song/

SONGS IN BOCHUM II
ELVIS COSTELLO, BILL FRISELL & FRIENDS
Ron Miles trumpet, Jenny Scheinman violin, Viktor Krauss bass, Matt Chamberlain drums
Jahrhunderthalle, Bochum
May 21st and 22nd

After enjoying huge success last year, American guitarist Bill Frisell continues his fascinating quest for timeless, sometimes even ”lost” songs. For the first project of 2004, he has invited a songwriter who, in the course of the 28 years of his career, has already become a legend who does not need any introduction: British songwriter Elvis Costello, a chameleon of song, breaking all stylistic boundaries and conventions in his songs, yet retaining his own distinctive voice. Costello and Frisell have been collaborating on several projects – at Century of Song, they will surprise their fans with an entirely new production.
AlmostBlue

Post by AlmostBlue »

if you are going - I hate you :-)
I heard about this.. and I wish I were in Europe at this time.
I am a Frisell fan and an EC fan..
if I only did not have 2.2 kids :-)
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

`Blue - I only found this `cos of your reference to it in the Sweetest Punch thread ; I put `Elvis Costello , Bill Frisell , Song ` into Google and got this news.
AlmostBlue

Post by AlmostBlue »

what's google? I put Elvis Costello Bill Frisell Song Century in to alltheweb.com (go Norway!), eurekster.com, teoma.com, wisenut.com, vivisimo.com, groxis.com, yahoo.com .. and those clever Canadians: copernic.com.. there are are a few more in development that look promising, like mooter (Australia).. and then {secret} from Chicago.
soon we will not be slaves to wasting time surfing the web.. although it was pretty cool when that single algorithm was released in 1998.

those Silicon Valley Stanford brats!.. no innovation since the single algortihm of 1998.. ! now they are all counting their millions or billions ..
if EC does the IPO party for them, as he did for ask.com, I am going South :-)

Anyway, I hope those of you on that side of the poind will Chunnel down that way.