Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Still not counting my championship chickens yet, although I will be very very cross if the Arse blow it this time. 8)

Ken Bates has said although he is leaving Chelski he does not want to retire, so on the radio this morning they were asking people to phone/text in with suggestions as to what he should do now. Someone suggested that he should go and clog up the motorways with his car&caravan like all the other grey-bearded old men :lol: .
Bates did do a lot for Chelsea but they were on the verge of financial ruin again until the ruski stepped in.

Peter Kenyon only bought Robben to piss off AF. They hardly need a left winger with Duff around so it is a strange buy as what they really need is a right sided midfielder. They now have fourteen midfielders with none of them much cop on the right.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Yes, the Robben signing is a little bizarre. I've been very happy with Duff when he has played. The thing about Robben is that he can line up as a striker as well (so can Duff, for that matter), so it gives us some flexibility. I think there's going to be a big summer clearout, so we'll see where things stand by the time next season starts. I think that either Hasselbaink or Gudjohnsen will leave, as well as Gronkjaer, Cole, Melchiot and some other dead wood, like Stanic and Sullivan.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
John

You'll Never Walk Alone

Post by John »

I can't believe Elvis is singing that song! :cry:
It was as much of the alphabet as I knew how to use.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

John - he was going to put it on Blood and Chocolate - just after Uncomplicated! :lol:

Anyone having a bet on Portsmouth tomorrow?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

The Doof is right. Goes back to when G&TP had a hit in the 60s with it, then took on more resonance after Hillsborough. The Shankly Gates at Anfield have the song title emblazoned across the top of them.

I've heard EC sing the song only once on TV with All Saints and the Brodskys (if I'm remembering correctly). Proper spine tingling stuff. Of course that'll never beat being amongst 45,000 people singing it in unison.

Great game on Wednesday, by the way.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Excuse my language.....but....

I FUCKING HATE ARSENAL!!!!
corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

You hate beauty?

You hate the beautiful game?

You hate football?
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

No......I HATE ARSENAL.....IN WHATEVER GUISE!

and anyway...they owe us at least another 40 years of beautiful football for all the drudgery that you used to put us through every Saturday... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
Jackson Doofster

ok....I am undoubtedly jealous.

However, I shall put my head on the block:

Henry is brilliant in the Premiership when he's up against Portsmouth or Middlesboro.... I would go as far as to say he is the greatest premiership player ever...

However, he's a little like Cantona for me...big fish...small pond......let's see him tear apart Juve or Real....I wait with anticipation... and hope he falls flat on his face...(sorry that's a role for Ashely Cole and Robert Pires). :lol: :lol:
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

exactly.

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Jackson Doofster

ok.... :oops: :oops: ...So he won't fall flat on his face against Juve.....maybe Deportivo ... :lol:
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Anyone see the ManU game last night?
Poor Alex.
Where's Otis?
Jackson Doofster

Otis is very quiet these days.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Bastard linesman. Worst offside decision EVER. Last minute hell. Awful night. I'm depressed. Should have had three English clubs in the last 8. Hope Arse or Chels can at least get to the final, and really hope it works out that it's a cracking Arse v. Real night and the genius of Henry establishes him once and for all as the best player on the planet as a result. Wenger deserves it. Total football!
Jackson Doofster

:? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Bastard linesman. Worst offside decision EVER. Last minute hell. Awful night. I'm depressed. Should have had three English clubs in the last 8. Hope Arse or Chels can at least get to the final, and really hope it works out that it's a cracking Arse v. Real night and the genius of Henry establishes him once and for all as the best player on the planet as a result. Wenger deserves it. Total football!
It was a terrible offside decision. It's amazing to me how often linesmen get it wrong in big situations. I think you missed Keane in midfield.

We're in big trouble unless we can find a way to keep more possession and make our chances count. Stuttgart are great defensively, but a Chelsea-Stuttgart match is like watching paint dry. So many teams would give an arm and a leg to be in our position, and yet the season has been strangely dissatisfying. A lot of mediocre performances, injuries, all of the turmoil over Bates, Kenyon, etc.

Arsenal is a machine this season. In any other year, we would still be within striking distance, but the Arse just keep finding a way to win.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

ok, so there was these three girls and a dog....

did I mention the dog?

and, what, exactly (and forgive my ignorance), is the FA cup?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

mood swung wrote:ok, so there was these three girls and a dog....

did I mention the dog?

and, what, exactly (and forgive my ignorance), is the FA cup?
:wink:

The FA Cup is the annual knock-out competition in England that involves all of the clubs from the Football Association, big and small. Look at it this way - it's as if there were an annual one-game knock-out tournament involving all of the major league baseball clubs and the teams from the minor leagues, with the final played at Fenway Park or Yankee Stadium.

There is always a lof of excitement about the FA Cup because the "minnows" are involved and there's a possibility of upsets. But it's been a very long time since a club from outside the top divsion has actually won the FA Cup.

The Premier League clubs in England can play in as many as four annual competitions - the Premier League, the FA Cup, European competitions (UEFA Cup or Champions League, assuming that they earned a European place the previous season), and a fairly meaningless competition called the Carling (or League) Cup.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

thanks, wise WSS?. I watched Man U play somebody in white in this last night--a rebroadcast. The announcers are fabulous, but the camera work makes me dizzy.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Manchester United have set up a call Centre
for fans who are troubled by their current form.
The number is 0800 10 10 10.
Calls charged at peak rate for overseas users.
Once again the number is...
0800 won nothing won nothing won nothing
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

But I called and only got someone with a kind of Finsbury Park accent laughing at me!

OK, I have a sense of humour. This one is rather good, especially if your name is SLL.

What's the difference between Leicester City and Man U?

Leicester still have players in Europe.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Hey, did you hear that Rangers tried to sign Paul Dickov. They phoned him up yesterday in Spain, but he refused saying....

Im better off where I am!!!! :lol:

Good result for Celtic tonight weren't it, probably get eaten alive in the Nou Camp though (literally..have you SEEN ronaldinho :D ).....Shame about the 'pool. I think that could be the end of their UEFA jaunt unfortunately, can't see them getting diddlysquat at Stade d'Olympique!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

We're f*cked - Arsenal in the CL Quarterfinals!! Can we possibly lose to them five times in one season? I think so.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Ho ho....a battle royale!!!!!! Good stuff!

I think Chelsea still stand a good chance though, ok they wont have cudicini...but it's a good chance to get their own back, IF they can get over the stigma that arsenal must have on them!

I bet Ranieri will be PRAYING Chelsea don't score first! :lol:
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Otis - :lol: :lol:.

If we're going with bad Leicester City jokes...

Paul Dickov bursts into wrong hotel room in La Manga to be confronted by 3 German girls.

"Do ye fancy it?" says Dickov

"Nein" say the frauleins

"Nine!" says Dickov......."ok, I'll get the rest of the lads"
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?