Help identifying a Peter Sellers film

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
BlueChair

Help identifying a Peter Sellers film

Post by BlueChair »

Last night on the Academy Awards they showed some very funny clips from various Peter Sellers films, and there was one in particular which I'd really like to track down.

It essentially involved Peter Sellers swinging on something at the top of a staircase, saying "Ah yes, it's all coming back to me now"... eventually he swings over to the side and jumps/falls down the flight of stairs. Judging from the accent, I would think it was from one of the Pink Panther films, but I'm not entirely sure.

Can any film buffs help me? :D
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Definitely one of the PP films. My guess is The PP STRIKES AGAIN but it's definitely a guess.
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

Sorry I dont have your answer but I love a line they did not show from one of the PP movies and Ive been trying to find it too.

it went

a) "those men are killers"
b) "how do you know that?'
a) "because they tried to kill me"
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

crash8_durham wrote:Sorry I dont have your answer but I love a line they did not show from one of the PP movies and Ive been trying to find it too.

it went

a) "those men are killers"
b) "how do you know that?'
a) "because they tried to kill me"
That reminds me of a great line he used in an early Goons show on the radio:

<knock knock>
a) Who is it?
b) It's me!
a) It can't be, I'm in here!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Tim(e), surely you can identify the film above for me. I'm pretty sure it's one of the Pink Panther movies. Maybe I'll just have to get the upcoming Pink Panther collectors set to be sure I get the right one :D
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
King of Confidence

Post by King of Confidence »

It is The Pink Panther Strikes Again. My favorite of all of them. [/i]
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Thanks KoC!

btw, for those interested, this is the Pink Panther set coming out. Looks like a good buy!

DVD Features:
Includes:

The Pink Panther (1964)
A Shot in the Dark (1964)
The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976)
Revenge of the Pink Panther (1978)
Trail of the Pink Panther (1982)

Bonus disc:
"The Pink Panther Story"
"Behind the Feline: The Cartoon Phenomenon"
Collection of award-winning original cartoons: "The Pink Phink," "Pink, Plunk, Plink," "Psychedelic Pink," "Pinkfinger," "The Ant and the Aardvark," "The Great De Gaulle Stone Operation"

Number of discs: 6

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... d&n=507846
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

The first two or three PP movies were excellent... after that they seemed to be stringing together out-takes from those films to create new films.
AlmostBlue

Post by AlmostBlue »

speaking of Peter Sellers ...
you have to also check out "The Party," which they showed (very politically uncorrect however).. it is a cult classic.
Also, "Being There" - a classic Peter Sellers film
and even more obscure, but funnier each time you see it "The Magic Christian," where he co-stars with Ringo Starr.. a very eccentric film.. where he plays a millionaire who riduclules the rich and exposes the fact that every person has their "price."

of course imdb.com is helpful

that is not my dog
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I've seen both The Party and Being There. Being There has long been on my Amazon wishlist.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Being There is such a great movie - I remember watching it long ago and they seemed to repeat it a lot on some movie channel my family had at the time. I used to watch it over and over.

Blue, you're damn close to having such a DVD collection that would rival any movie rental store. :)
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Those 2 PP movies (I agree Tim(e)) and DR. STRANGELOVE have got to be Seller's top moments, but I really love him in LOLITA. He was born to play Clare Quilty.
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

btW bc...re: the scene you mention

I'm pretty sure that Clouseau was boasting about having been a master gymnast in the past ....he was on the paralel bars and was trying for a perfect dismount - crucially funny viewing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone see the fascinating doc about Sellars on BBC recently. A great comedian but you wouldn't want to live there!
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."