I have it!

Pretty self-explanatory
LessThanZero

I have it!

Post by LessThanZero »

King of America.

Now I know what all the fuss was about!

my favorites so far are I'll Wear it Proudly and Jack of All Parades.

But they are all very excellent!

I love this CD! I can't wait for the reissue!

I would like to put a remasterd reissued version of Jack of All Parades on the wedding CD due out in May....I hope it's out by then.
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

So is yours the original release, a 15-track album on Columbia or F-Beat? Or is it a Ryko reissue with 20 tracks? (the bonuses are two Coward Brothers tracks, "The People's Limousine" and "They'll Never Take Her Love from Me"; plus "Suffering Face," "Shoes Without Heels" and "King of Confidence")

The Demon reissue had all of the above, and some copies came with a second disc, recorded live on Broadway with the Confererates, with these tracks: "That's How You Got Killed Before," "The Big Light," "It Tears Me Up," "The Only Daddy That'll Walk the Line," "Your Mind Is on Vacation/Your Funeral and My Trial" and "That's How You Got Killed Before (Reprise)."

I can hardly wait for the Rhino version. It's hard to know what to hope for, some or all of the above-mentioned bonuses plus some other surprises, or all new tracks I've never heard. It's a shame to be ungenerous, but I'd almost rather have the latter.
Last edited by HungupStrungup on Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Hungup, a brilliant trauma surgeon GAVE me his original CD releases of King of America and Almost Blue!

I will give them back when I get the reissues. :wink:

I love these CD's. I can't wait to hear fresh rereleases. I love Hot Burrito # 1 and Sweet Dreams.

I can't believe Jack of All Parades isn't an Attractions song! It sounds so so great, and it has to be one of his most straight forward love songs (pre-North) right?

It reminds me of me. I used to be a class clown, center of attention, everybody's-boy type person, but now I enjoy being the love of one true heart. But what's a jack of all parades??

I love I'll Wear it Proudly.

The Big Light is a great time.

Is it just me, or does EC mention Angels on a majority of the songs on the first half of the album?

Brilliant Mistake and Indoor fireworks are still beautiful, even though I've heard them many times before.

Oh, I also like Sleep of the Just lots and lots too.

Spooky was RIGHT!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I'm just happy you enjoyed it, LTZ. It's a wonderful mix of different kinds of music. I love it for so many reasons. I know everyone has their favorite Elvis, but that is mine.

Continue to enjoy KOA. :wink:
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

And it came out the same year as Blood and Chocolate?!?!?!??

What a year!
Watching_Detectives

Post by Watching_Detectives »

Didn't he also get married that year?
It nearly took a mircacle to get you to stay
It only took my little finger to blow you away.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

I got in trouble that year for exclaiming "Sock it to me!" when I was king on the mountain.

I had to stand in the janitor's milk closet the rest of recess....

I'd say Elvis had a better year than I... :shock:
girl out of time

Post by girl out of time »

LTZ.......it´s funny that you pointed out I´ll wear it proudly & the jack of all parades as your faves........i remember that when i first got that album both songs were instant favourites of mine as well.....then, of course, i listened to KOA like a million times over and over again and fell in love with songs like suffering face, the poisoned rose & the world of broken hearts........
...the promise of indulgence in my confidential voice approached inmortal danger but you´ll never know how close....
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

girl out of time wrote:l.....then, of course, i listened to KOA like a million times over and over again and fell in love with songs like suffering face, the poisoned rose & the world of broken hearts........
You've got a rare copy if World of Broken Hearts is on it! I've only got it on Imperial Bedroom :)

The only thing is you've now started a conversation about KoA so at some stage Spooky will be telling us all how much she loves it :lol: :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

The only thing is you've now started a conversation about KoA so at some stage Spooky will be telling us all how much she loves it
Read the thread again vg!!!!!
signed with love and vicious kisses
verbal gymnastics

so lacklustre wrote:
The only thing is you've now started a conversation about KoA so at some stage Spooky will be telling us all how much she loves it
Read the thread again vg!!!!!
Yes but Spooky posted that a whole day ago!!! :lol:
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

a lady
named spooky
says koa
is aok
signed with love and vicious kisses
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Have I mentioned to anyone on this board how much I love KOA? From beginning to end, song after song, KOA speaks to my soul in a way no other album does.

Is that what you guys were waiting on? :wink:
Pov

Post by Pov »

KOA is one of my top 5 EC records. On eay I bought the first 2 disc reissue with the bonus material on the first disc and the live concert excerpts on the second. The live material is great! Hope they put it on the Rhino reissue as well.
verbal gymnastics

spooky girlfriend wrote:Have I mentioned to anyone on this board how much I love KOA? From beginning to end, song after song, KOA speaks to my soul in a way no other album does.

Is that what you guys were waiting on? :wink:
Thanks Spooky.

But the bookmakers were offering better odds on you commenting later in the day. There goes another £5! :lol:
girl out of time

Post by girl out of time »

sorry.....my mistake......no world of broken hearts in KOA........ :oops:
...the promise of indulgence in my confidential voice approached inmortal danger but you´ll never know how close....