Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
ice nine

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Post by ice nine »

It is a slow Sunday afternoon, just mulling around the house, and one of my favorite movies is on TV. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but CCBB is an excelent movie. The music is catchy, the story is like a bedtime story, and I enjoy Dick Van Dyke and Benny Hill (Mr. Hill to a lesser extent....I never did enjoy his brand humour funny on his show)

Got to go, because it's the baron's birthday and there is an attempt afoot to rescue the kids :D
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

I remember seeing this at the Fox Theater in Visalia, CA and being absolutely entranced. I also recall barfing in the back seat of the car on the way home. Too many Mike & Ike's.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

One of my favourites since childhood, fantastical fantasy feature. Saw the stage play in the west end over here last year and that was also excellent.
DvD definitely excels in this, and the Babs Windsor and Arthur Mullard cameos are great. It has become one of my daughter's favourite's and so we have it on at least once a week, along with Oliver & Willy Wonka/Charlie and the chocolate factory.

You're my little teddy bear...
signed with love and vicious kisses
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was forever poisoned for me as a child when my elder brother made up new lyrics for the theme song. Chief among his atrocities, he replaced the "C" in Chitty with an "S" and sang his foul ditty through the keyhole of the bathroom door whenever anyone was in there. He was 12 or 13 at the time, and the song was filled with all the scatological references you might imagine a boy of that age could come up with.

I can't hear the song now without imagining him lying in wait outside the bathroom door for one of us 4 girls to go in so he could torture us.

That boy was a P-I-G.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
bobster

Post by bobster »

A friend of mine owns the "Chitty" DVD -- but be forewarned, at the time he bought it was only available in Full Screen. I believe a widescreen version is coming out shortly.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

bobster wrote:A friend of mine owns the "Chitty" DVD -- but be forewarned, at the time he bought it was only available in Full Screen. I believe a widescreen version is coming out shortly.
It is available already in a special edition over 2 discs (released as of November 25th - last Thursday). This release is in both widescreen anamorphic and full-screen presentations.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I had about 6 months of nightmares from the Childcatcher. that and Oliver Reed as Bill Sykes. Oh the power of cinema...