Should I buy this CD?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.

Is it awesome?

Yes, buy it.
42%
Nah, get Murder Ballads
33%
Save money to pay off student loans
25%

Total votes: 12

LessThanZero

Should I buy this CD?

Post by LessThanZero »

Should I buy Hail to the Thief??
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Screw the student loans . . . buy cds!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Hail To The Thief does nothing for me, personally. Murder Ballads is a much better album.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Blue, your opinions mean a lot to me.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I agree with Bowie, a big Radiohead fan, who said it's good but you find yourself listening to it less than the others. They definitely need more focus, something to stand alongside their 90ss best, but it's still a good LP with some great songs. I love There, There and Wolf At The Door. They have a unique and often very lovely sound.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Four months on from its release, I still enjoy dipping in to HTTT. It's worth having and hearing. Bung it on the iPod and skip the duff tracks.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I'm probably alone here, but I still think OK Computer blows away anything else Radiohead ever recorded.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I prefer The Bends (the record, not the condition)...but think Amnesiac is pretty underrated as well. Pyramid Song rocks my saturday socks!

HTTF is good...not their best, but good. I say blow the cash on records everytime.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Thanks LC!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I have been returning to Hail to the Thief again and again over the past several months. I think it is outstanding. I don't think that there are any "duff" tracks to be honest. I find just about everything they do interesting, and how many bands can you say that about?

An underrated album in my opinion, perhaps because so much is expected of them.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I like OK COmputer best, too. But Hail To The Thief is a killer record. I like it better than either of the last two (both of which I adore). It's a close third for me right now, after Computer and Bends. It's gaining.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

I borrowed it from a friend awhile back to see if I wanted to buy it, and decided against. I only listened to it once all the way through, so I admit that it might be an album that would grow on you, but it didn't impress me in the least. I much prefer The Bends or Ok Computer.