Beacon tix presale is open

Pretty self-explanatory
Who Shot Sam?

Re: Beacon tix presale is open

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Ugh, wish I could afford another show. Gonna have to be happy with Monday and leave it at that.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Damn! Yet another presale that was closed when it opened. Nothing available at 10:01. As we say in the States, WTF?

EDIT/UPDATE: I went back just to check at 11:15 and of course tickets were available. Got 3rd row center Loge. Go figure.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

There are still seats up, some of the ones that were taken this morning are back.
alexv

Post by alexv »

Just got two tickets for Monday's show. Loge row A. Bringing my Avett Brothers-loving daughter to the show. We should definitely do a London style meet-up before the show.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

docinwestchester wrote:Damn! Yet another presale that was closed when it opened. Nothing available at 10:01. As we say in the States, WTF?

EDIT/UPDATE: I went back just to check at 11:15 and of course tickets were available. Got 3rd row center Loge. Go figure.
okay, boot fans! i think we got it covered between doc and i: i got the 23rd, and i think doc is going 22 and 24. am i correct? i'm sure i'll scrape up enough for one more of the two i don't have for Beacon yet. three months to go....
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:
docinwestchester wrote:Damn! Yet another presale that was closed when it opened. Nothing available at 10:01. As we say in the States, WTF?

okay, boot fans! i think we got it covered between doc and i: i got the 23rd, and i think doc is going 22 and 24. am i correct? i'm sure i'll scrape up enough for one more of the two i don't have for Beacon yet. three months to go....
Correct. Besides audio, I'm also thinking about video, which would be very cool with the wheel...
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Doc and BA you know we love you !!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Would love love love a video boot of this show.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
docinwestchester

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Would love love love a video boot of this show.
I'm thinking about bringing my HD camcorder, but I'm scared of being busted. It's pretty conspicuous, and the Beacon is not known for being friendly to tapers. I'll give it a try at Wellmont first and see what happens. Also, I'll record the audio separately and dub over the crappy camcorder audio.

The allure of capturing the Spinning Songbook on video is very enticing.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

well...i can offer up that WELLMONT can go either way...i recorded THIS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V44SiJWLF0A at my last RYAN & CARDINALS show EVER (i could cry!!!) with nobody bothering me, but for MORRISSEY a month later...they were all over me when i tried videotaping the opener (RED CORTEZ)!!!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Nice Ryan Adams clip. Am not up on his stuff, but that's a nice song and you got a good sound on it. Bring on the spinning songbook!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

why thank you OTIS! yes, that old JVC recorder was not killer on the video, but the audio is stunning, yes? sorry for that glitch at 1:37. i don't think it is on my original.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Attend the Sold-Out Show and Appear on Stage with Elvis Costello at The Beacon Theater on May 24, 2011

The winning bidder will have a chance to go on stage at the Beacon Theatre and have a spin of the famous Spinning Songbook to choose the next song Elvis & The Imposters play!

After the wheel is spun, the auction item winner will then be offered a chance to enter the "Hostage to Fortune Go-Go Cage", while their selection is performed. Alternatively, they may choose to take a seat in the on-stage “Society Lounge”, where light refreshments will be served, during what promises to be a splendid and surprising evening.

This package also comes with a photo opportunity with Elvis after your spin.

Elvis Costello and the Imposters have announced “The Revolver Tour” during the merry month of May. For the first time in 27 years, Elvis Costello will let his set-list be chosen by ”The Spectacular Spinning Songbook”, a monumental game-show wheel that features 40 song-titles, including hits, rarities and very unexpected covers. "The Revolver Tour" includes stops at 9 cities in the US this May.

Check out elviscostello.com for more information on the upcoming Revolver Tour and other Elvis Costello dates in your area.

The proceeds for this item benefit New York Restoration Project

Terms: Valid for 2 people on May 24, 2011 only. Travel and accommodations are not included. Must be 18 years or older. Winning bidders may be subject for security screenings. Cannot be resold or re-auctioned.

Donated by: Elvis Costello

Current bid: $550.00