EC Live on Absolute Radio - Geoff Lloyd Show 14 Dec 2010

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

EC Live on Absolute Radio - Geoff Lloyd Show 14 Dec 2010

Post by Man out of Time »

EC is making another live appearance on the Geoff Lloyd show today from 5pm today.

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/onair/geoff/index.html

You can listen on digital radio, or online (link above).

Given his appearance also on BBC Radio 5 Live, it seems that Elvis may be in London today (Christmas shopping?)

MOOT
johnfoyle

Re: EC Live on Absolute Radio - Geoff Lloyd Show 14 Dec 2010

Post by johnfoyle »

I'm listening to the podcast of this now -

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/podcasts ... 010-12-14/
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

The podcast cuts out the songs - grrrrr! 'Josephine is done but a second song isn't introduced. The podcast can't be fast-forwarded through so you have to listen to all of if it - which is a pain since it's awful. The brief bit of chat with Elvis doesn't have anything really new , except for him giving his approval for the student protests etc.. Elvis also says how funny he thought the BBC were in it's overly formal reporting of the denial that the Duchess of ( whatever Charles' missus is) was 'poked with a stick'. Maybe some more comments were made later but I accidentally disconnected and really haven't he heart to plough through it all again.
GCM

Post by GCM »

I'm a fan of this show, they never include the songs played by guests in the podcast for copyright reasons. However, they normally do put the sessions onto their website later.
rachelhasen

Post by rachelhasen »

" ... except for him giving his approval for the student protests etc."

What a stupid ass. I thought he: "... absolutely abhor [ed] the use of violence to achieve any political,theological, philosophical or ritual objective..."

Elvis you are the biggest fucking hyprocrite on the planet! You self-serving narcissist! And you certainly had no problem called Lou Dobbs and Bill O'Reilly "cocksuckers" on national tv. Which, if you think about it, is not only a very violent comment, but the more I got to thinking about it, a very homophobic one as well. Little unconscious slip there, huh Elvis? Who the fuck are you to preach to anyone or criticise others? Seems to me you have enough violent acts and dumb comments in your past that you should have learned to stfu by now.

The "anarchists" accomplished nothing pissing on Winston Churchill's statue, destroying property and injuring police who are there to protect the peace. I can think of a lot other things the UK could cut back on before they shoot themselves in the foot by making education unattainable through high costs, but looting and destroying property and injuring fellow protesters and police is a violent act that serves no purpose and should never be condoned, especially by a hypocrite like you. If they wanted to protest, they live in a country where they could have done so peacefully, which would have helped their cause a lot more than the destruction and violence they perpetrated did.

Fuck you Elvis, and enjoy laying your head down on fine linens and satins tonight! You fucking hypocrite! You're a dangerous man, Elvis and none too bright, either. Shame on you!
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

What a delight it is to have Rachel "I'm not a bigot - just a twat" back on the forum.
Thanks for your comments, Rachel I'll enjoy watching the Star of Bethlehem veer away from your place of abode this Christmas - PLU and all that !
jardine

Post by jardine »

hi rachel. I'm a bit new here and this is my first "dose." wow! "the biggest fucking hypocrite on the planet." Wow!! you are quite a card!

i want to sincerely thank you for clarifying these points. the scales have fallen from mine eyes. wow!!!

now let's just wait and see how many fish you catch. Might i suggest to fellow board member that they remember they are not in a barrel and can just swim away.
rachelhasen

Post by rachelhasen »

Okay. You're absolutely right. He's probably not the "biggest" hyprocrite on the planet, but he's a pretty big hypocrite.

Just last month, he was saying he never adocates violence of any sort and now it's okay?

Let's not forget, this man is a mega millionaire. Despite what he and Diana may have lost in bad investments?, their reported combined worth was, reportedly, close to half a billion!

I'm shocked to see him endorsing violence, after telling us he would never do so, while calling people homophobic names out the other side of his mouth, and that's just recently. Seems to me Elvis' tune changes like the weather.

Maybe he could donate some of his millions for education scholarships in the UK? What do they do with all their money anyway? Not that they have to do anything but enjoy it. But, it seems really hypocritcal to write songs about the poor, while laughing all the way to the Citibank.
rachelhasen

Post by rachelhasen »

And SL, I'm a "bigot" for supporting the Jews and Israel? And a "twat" for calling Elvis a hypocrite.

Well, Elvis is a huge hypocrite, and I am not a "bigot" or a "twat." But you go ahead and express your opinion, as is your right.

Funny though how you can trash me, but support such a hypocrite as is Elvis "I absolutely abhor the use of violence to achieve any political,theological, philosophical or ritual objective," Costello. Keep putting money in his pocket. I'm sure he appreciates your patronage and your willingness to defend his unhonor.
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

And here I thought Costello was a singer/songwriter and that I was paying for his music. Silly me.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Of course, the state of Israel has never used violence to achieve it's ends has it Rachel ?
Why am I wasting my time responding to this, I ask myself> :oops:
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

jardine wrote:hi rachel. I'm a bit new here and this is my first "dose." wow! "the biggest fucking hypocrite on the planet." Wow!! you are quite a card!

i want to sincerely thank you for clarifying these points. the scales have fallen from mine eyes. wow!!!

now let's just wait and see how many fish you catch. Might i suggest to fellow board member that they remember they are not in a barrel and can just swim away.
Yeah...see, Jardine...let me bring you up to speed...A few months back, when Elvis canceled those dates in Israel, this poor message board was descended upon by all manner people on both sides of the issue--all of whom seemed to be under the ridiculous impression that Elvis reads any of this. Some were reasonable, but most were nuts. Eventually, they all wandered away--except Rachel. She apparently lurks out in the ether, waiting for any little opportunity to attack Elvis. She never has anything to say about the music--it's doubtful she listens to any of it at all. The post above is typical. She doesn't seem to "get" that we're just a bunch of (mostly) middle-aged, (mostly) white nerds who just want to talk about music--and posting her screed here doesn't send a message to Elvis.
So I keep this fancy to myself
I keep my lipstick twisted tight
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

sulky lad wrote:What a delight it is to have Rachel "I'm not a bigot etc etc
Sulky has put across my views rather more eloquently than I am able to - this must be telepathy.

Rachel - think you've missed the title of the Board, let me help you - it is "Elvis Costello Fan Forum". Since you're obviously not a fan why are you here?

i'm reminded of a little ditty written for Wendy James, here's an appropriate extract:
Go home, go home, go home, go home
And don’t come out again until we tell you to
Until we say you can
Go home, go home, go home, go home
And don’t come out again as we analyze you
We despise you
But we can’t help you now
Full monty available here : http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... espise_You

Yours in fandom

Colin Top Balcony
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Getting back to the show , I've got around to listening tomore of the interview with Elvis. Elvis talks about Treme ( 'tra-may' he corrects Geoff's 'treeem') , asks if Spotted Dick is on the menu in the radio canteen they are broadcasting from, talks about the twins ( neither is an 'evil twin' ), trails Condemned Man as being from 'Ransack ( Geoff just about remembers vinyl EPs) and mentions bringing back the Spinning Wheel , just like he did on TV this morning.

Ayako posts to listserv- I was listening this program live. Aside from Josephine, he performed nice version of Everyday I Write The Book and Condemned Man, which was followed by Watching The Detectives, if I wasn't dreaming (I was half asleep...it was 4:00am here in Japan).
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The interview is on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MMgOLw06nE
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Milo ( Elvis' longtime sound man) in attendance!
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Video of the live performances is now up on the Absolute Radio site!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

rachelhasen

Post by rachelhasen »

Actually SL, Israel has only always retaliated for violence perpetrated against them. And frankly, I think they've shown great restraint. Especially when they are surrounded by a hostile political ideology that calls daily for their annihilation.

However, I jumped the gun, and I want to apologize. I read Mr. Foyle's comments before I listened to the show, and while Elvis does express support for the student's cause, he also expresses his regret for the "mayhem" and any injuries that were caused, saying something to the effect that in every situation there will always be a few "clowns." Clown is not the word I would have chosen for those who destroy property and attack others causing injury and terror in the streets, but he definitely was clear in denouncing the violence. Again, I apologize for calling him a hypocrite, ... in this instance.

Ypsilanti, I do listen to the music, have most my life. I did not buy NR and, for now, will not put any more money in his pocket, but I have heard most of the songs on tv and radio, and it's okay, certainly not one of his best. Maybe that's why it did so poorly on the charts? Maybe there are many supporters of Israel, as myself, who could not bring themselves to pay money to someone who stands with terrorists and a Muslim world that not only practices gender and non-Muslim apartheid, but also denies its citizens basic human rights and exports terror throughout the world in a bid for their "fantastical," but scripture mandated world-wide caliphate. I shudder at the thought. The supremacist and imperialistic pretensions of such a backward people and ideology are one of the world's great ironies and biggest threats. And yet, Elvis will play for a Muslim nation, but not the Jews?
jardine

Post by jardine »

i do love that high pitched whining whirrrrrrr of a fishing line well and heartily cast...
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

mp3's and flac's of this show:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d405aeapx5pe5

01 A Slow Drag With Josephine
02 Everyday I Write The Book
03 Condemned Man/Watching The Detectives
04 Pennies From Heaven/A Voice In The Dark

(track 3 is amazing!)
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

Excellent session, thanks again doc.
Where's North from 'ere?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Jardine writes
i do love that high pitched whining whirrrrrrr of a fishing line well and heartily cast...
Hahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: and once again many thanks to doc for putting on mediafire - which seems to be behaving itself for once !!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Thanks for posting this. Great performances and a great suit!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
jardine

Post by jardine »

ok, what song is it from blood on the tracks that is part of the guitar playing on everydayiwritethebook? is it simply twist of fate???