Musical tastes

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Spiritinthesky

Musical tastes

Post by Spiritinthesky »

A study of more than 36,000 people from around the world concluded that musical tastes and personality type were closely related.

The research, which was carried out by Professor Adrian North of Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh in the UK suggested classical music fans were shy, while heavy metal fans were gentle and at ease with themselves.

Fans of Indie music had low self-esteem and were not hard working, fans of Rap music had high self-esteem and were outgoing. Country & Western fans were hardworking and outgoing, Reggae fans were creative but not hardworking, and fans of chart pop had high self-esteem, were not creative, but where hardworking and outgoing.

Which one are you?

From www.thisdayinmusic.com

Re: Musical tastes

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

That seems a little suspect. I like country music, indie music, pop music, rock'n'roll, rhythm and blues, delta blues, merseybeat, jazz, funk, grunge, dixieland, folk, powerpop and punk. What personality type do I have?
Jack of All Parades

Post by Jack of All Parades »

If you go by that program I think you could call yourself a musical schizophrenic instead of a well adjusted listener.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

I do believe that one can tell much about another person by looking at his/her CD collection. It's like looking into someone's bathroom cabinet.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Jeremy Dylan says
That seems a little suspect. I like country music, indie music, pop music, rock'n'roll, rhythm and blues, delta blues, merseybeat, jazz, funk, grunge, dixieland, folk, powerpop and punk. What personality type do I have?
I reckon it makes you a man who wears a stripy purple blazer to EC concerts :roll:
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

sulky lad wrote:Jeremy Dylan says
I reckon it makes you a man who wears a stripy purple blazer to EC concerts :roll:
Hey - I've only done that twice!
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Jeremy Dylan says
Hey - I've only done that twice!
But you're about the only person I've ever known who handed in a request and got it played -respect !!