Elvis and Nick Lowe to duet in SF in September

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis and Nick Lowe to duet in SF in September

Post by Man out of Time »

A very recent interview to promote a forthcoming Spanish show in Zaragosa included a snippet which Google translates into English thus:

Costello regretted not having coincided in time with his old friend Nick Lowe, who will perform here the first week of August. "It's a shame that we have not agreed, we talked a lot lately, in fact we plan a 'show' together in San Francisco in September: it is a show of charity that promotes a mutual friend. Each will perform songs from the other, and we'll try some duets, we have never done before. "

For those who speak Spanish, the original text of the interview is here:

http://www.heraldo.es/noticias/detalle/ ... _anos.html

Does anyone know what charity show this might refer to, promoting a "mutual friend"?

MOOT
migdd

Re: Elvis and Nick Lowe to duet in SF in September

Post by migdd »

sweetest punch

Re: Elvis and Nick Lowe to duet in SF in September

Post by sweetest punch »

Here's the interview with google translation:

http://www.heraldo.es/noticias/detalle/ ... _anos.html

Elvis Costello:''Vamos a dar nueva vida a canciones con 30 años''
PABLO FERRER.

El británico actúa esta noche (23.00) en el Luna Lunera de Sos, con Bigott como compañero de cartel.

Elvis Costello. Hoy. En la Lonja de Sos. La segunda noche del festival Luna Lunera trae al dandy eléctrico londinense a escena. Le acompaña en las tablas Bigott, artista zaragozano que magnifica el calificativo de simpar. Debajo de su mostacho no se adivina (ni se descarta, ojo) la emoción por tocar con el maestro en un lugar especial: no es exactamente Semana Santa ni puede afirmarse que la procesión (gráfica y ruidosa metáfora, desde luego) vaya por dentro. Los que seguro andan emocionados son los casi 500 asistentes que, al igual que ayer con Imelda May y Eli 'Paperboy' Reed, llenarán el graderío.

Costello cambia de nombre en los documentos oficiales: ahí es un caballero británico llamado Declan McManus. Comentaba ayer a HERALDO su excitación genuina ante la gira que le lleva por España. "Solo he tocado una fecha, anoche (por anteanoche) en Madrid, pero me apetece mucho este paseo por España. Conozco bien el país, mejor que cualquier otro en Europa, pero naturalmente hay sitios en los que no he estado, y que ahora visito. Me han hablado maravillas de la atmósfera de Sos: me encanta distinguir las sensaciones de las diferentes regiones, y la respuesta del público, marcada muchas veces por la tierra de la que viene".

En Madrid, el personal enloqueció con Costello. "Tradicionalmente, las capitales de cada país tienen los públicos más complicados de conquistar, pero la verdad es que me abrumaron con su respuesta. Se sabían las canciones, gritaban como locos… tardé 45 minutos en llegar al coche entre firmas, charlas... fueron generosos".

Costello lamentaba no haber coincidido en el tiempo con su viejo compadre Nick Lowe, que tocará en Sos la primera semana de agosto. "Es una pena que no hayamos coincidido, últimamente hablamos mucho, de hecho planeamos un 'show' juntos en San Francisco para septiembre: es un espectáculo de caridad que promueve un amigo común. Cada uno tocará canciones del otro, y probaremos algunos dúos, nunca lo habíamos hecho hasta ahora".
Habrá inéditos y clásicos

El londinense está feliz con su nueva banda, y promete caña para el concierto de esta noche. "Creo que ustedes se van a sorprender con la banda, más que de mi participación (ríe). Son fantásticos, armónicamente increíbles: los anteriores también lo eran, pero creo que vamos a enganchar incluso a quienes no sean muy partidarios del nuevo material: los chicos tienen sus raíces en el bluegrass y su música tiene un punto imprevisible, que da nueva vida a canciones que ya cumplieron los 30 años. Nos lo pasamos como críos tocando: de hecho, traigo temas nuevos, inéditos, que saldrán en disco en octubre. Eso sí, dado que mi repertorio es amplio, sonará de todo, y llevo dos cantantes excelentes que me permiten experimentar".

El hecho de tocar en un entorno lejano a la jungla de asfalto atrae enormemente a la estrella de la noche, urbanita hasta la médula... pero admirador confeso de la belleza natural. "Hace poco pude actuar con mi esposa, Diana (Krall), en un monte en Córcega, todo el pueblo asistió. Fue increíble, había gente de toda edad y condición. Fue mi mejor concierto en 33 años, la primera vez que actuábamos juntos en un concierto mío. Siento no poder repetir eso, Diana está cantando en Portugal mañana, nos reuniremos en Santiago de Compostela. Es una gozada coincidir cuatro veces con ella en un mes de nuestras respectivas giras: los niños están viajando con nosotros y siento que están reviviendo mi propia experiencia de andar por España cuando tenía unos cuatro años".

Google translation:

Elvis Costello:''We will give new life to songs with 30 years''
The Briton does tonight (23.00) at Luna Lunera de Sos, as a fellow with Bigott cartel.

Elvis Costello. Today. The Lonja de Sos. The second night of Moon Festival brings Lunera London dandy electric on stage. He is joined in the tables Bigott Zaragoza artist that magnifies the qualification of SIMPER. Beneath his mustache does not guess (or is discarded, eye) the excitement of playing with the teacher in a special place it is not exactly Easter can not be said that the procession (and noisy graphic metaphor, of course) goes inside. Those sure are excited walk the nearly 500 attendees, like yesterday with Imelda May and Eli 'Paperboy' Reed, will fill the stands.

Costello renamed in official documents: there is a British gentleman named Declan McManus. HERALD commented yesterday his genuine excitement to the tour takes you through Spain. "I've only touched on a date last night (on Wednesday night) in Madrid, but I'm excited for this trip around Spain. I know the country better than any other in Europe, but naturally there are sites that have not been, and now visit. I've heard wonders of the atmosphere of Sos: I like to distinguish the feelings of the different regions, and the audience response, often marked by land from which it comes. "

In Madrid, the staff went wild with Costello. "Traditionally, the capital of each country have the most difficult to conquer public, but the truth is that I am overwhelmed with your response. They knew the songs, screaming like crazy ... it took me 45 minutes to get to the car between firms, talks ... were generous. "

Costello regretted not having coincided in time with his old pal Nick Lowe, who will perform at're the first week of August. "It's a shame that we have not agreed, we talked a lot lately, in fact we plan a 'show' together in San Francisco in September: it is a show of charity that promotes a mutual friend. Each will perform songs from the other, and we'll try some duets, we have never done before. "
There will be unpublished and classic

The London is happy with her new band, and promises cane for the concert tonight. "I think you will be amazed with the band, more than my share (laughs). They are fantastic, incredible harmony: the former were so, but I think we will engage even those who are not very supportive of the new material: the boys have their roots in bluegrass and unpredictable music has a point, which gives new life to songs that already served 30 years. We had as kids playing: in fact, bring new issues, unpublished, on disk will October. That's it, since my repertoire is wide, it will sound all, and I have two excellent singers that allow me to experiment. "

The fact of playing in an environment far removed from the concrete jungle greatly attracts the star of the night, urbanite to the core ... but admirer of natural beauty. "Recently I act with my wife, Diana (Krall) on a mountain in Corsica, the whole town attended. Was amazing, there were people of every age and condition. He was my best concert in 33 years, the first time we played together in one of my concerts. Sorry I can not repeat that Diana is singing in Portugal tomorrow, we will meet in Santiago de Compostela. It is a pleasure to coincide with her four times in a month of our respective tours: children are traveling with us and feel are reliving my own experience of walking in Spain when I was about four years. "
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.