Evis Costello and the Imposters "Dream Ticket"

Pretty self-explanatory

Elvis Costello and the Imposters with. . . Dream Ticket?

. . .Nick Lowe and His Amazing Cowboy Outfit
21%
. . .Graham Parker and the newly reformed Rumour
11%
. . .Tom Waits
42%
. . .John Hiatt
No votes
. . .Rockpile
11%
. . .Squeeze
No votes
. . .Mink Deville
No votes
. . .The Spice Girls
5%
. . .Other
11%

Total votes: 19

migdd

Evis Costello and the Imposters "Dream Ticket"

Post by migdd »

Some are calling the Police with special guests Elvis Costello and the Imposters a "dream ticket". Others disagree. Who would you like to see on a double bill with EC and the guys? Nothing is beyond the realm of possibility as you can see by some of the options I've provided. Anyone care to see GP and the Rumour, Rockpile or Squeeze reunite - or is that just too retro for your tastes?

Place your votes!
mood swung

Re: Evis Costello and the Imposters "Dream Ticket"

Post by mood swung »

I was just thinking a few days ago (before I knew when EC was playing Knox Angeles) that it would just be soooo awesome if I could see Nick Lowe on Friday night, Elvis on Saturday, and John Prine on Sunday evening. If I lived through all that awesomeness, I'd die a happy happy woman. :lol:
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Miclewis

Post by Miclewis »

It was a tough choice for either Tom Waits or Nick Lowe. I love them both so much. I ended up voting for Tom because they haven't performed together since '86-'87, as far as I know.

I also want to suggest that a dream ticket might be Elvis and Chrissie Hynde.

Luckily I got to see another dream ticket: Elvis with Emmylou Harris and Larry Campbell. That was the best concert that I have ever seen.
StrictTime

Post by StrictTime »

I picked Tom Waits. He's the one I know best out of all of them, and, well, I have a lot of love for him. A girl can always dream.....although I'd be the youngest one at that show.

I'd also like to see him perfrom with Rufus Wainwright, incidentally. That'd be a great great show, I think. Their styles are different, but oh god it would be awesome.
Why don't you write about it in your blag?
arcadecline

Post by arcadecline »

I have always thought an Elvis Costello/Bright Eyes show would be great. That is my personal dream ticket.

For the dream show--no matter what artist--I picture the artists playing together, backing each other up and switching back and forth between songs. I don't like the idea of having an opening act for a dream show.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Yeah, as great as GP and Nick would be with Elvis, Tom Waits tours the least frequently and therefore would be my top choice.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Emotional Toothpaste

Post by Emotional Toothpaste »

I would say Nick Lowe or GP.

The Police aint' fit to carry Elvis guitar case.

I'm a big Waits fan, but that would be a strange pairing for a concert.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

with RYAN ADAMS AND THE CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I'd like to see:

My Morning Jacket & EC
Alison Krauss/Robert Plant/T-Bone & EC
Eddie Palmieri & EC (this would never happen, would be cool though)

Out of the list above, My picks would be Nick Lowe or Tom Waits.
littletriggers

Post by littletriggers »

If Dave Edmunds is still playing I would like that pairing , didn't NL have a spell in Rockpile so could also be included , plus I've been a fan of Edmunds from a little kid Sabre Dance is etched on my mind from Saturday Morning Jnr Choice type Radio, and Get It would be in my top 50 lps . As for Tom Waits I would like to see him play in a smokey joint with the Spice Girls serving everybody free shots of JD all night until none of us could climb out of the gutter ! Call the Police , Whoops some one already did .

I wonder if in true punk fashion they might alternate the headlining ! Coz frankly just what have the Police given us in the last twenty years, dododahdedodoopoopoo lyrically challenging stuff. I'll go now
srsch

Post by srsch »

How about Elvis Costello and the Imposters AND Paul Weller? They could alternate nights opening for each other. I think that would make many music fan's lives nearly complete.
As for Elvis opening up for the Police, I'll pass. :evil:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

srsch wrote:How about Elvis Costello and the Imposters AND Paul Weller? They could alternate nights opening for each other. I think that would make many music fan's lives nearly complete.
As for Elvis opening up for the Police, I'll pass. :evil:

EXCELLENT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELLER still rocks it. his solo efforts CAN compare to THE JAM!
Miclewis

Post by Miclewis »

Back in '86, Elvis was planning a gig with Los Lobos, to perform King of America all the way through.

That would have been a dream ticket.

Plus, you could add The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, whom Los Lobos has been known to play with as well.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

yeah, how'd that go....was supposed to be one night with los lobos, one with petty and the heartbreakers, one night with X.....who else????
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Waits for me. It would be interesting to see what would result from that. It's the pairing most likely to take EC out of his comfort zone. I have to admit to being massively disappointed by his New Year's Eve show in hindsight. It was nice to hear a few tunes from Get Happy!!, but the guy seems to be going through the motions with so much of the material. I won't be paying money to see him again until he decides to do something interesting.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
migdd

Post by migdd »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Waits for me. It would be interesting to see what would result from that. It's the pairing most likely to take EC out of his comfort zone. I have to admit to being massively disappointed by his New Year's Eve show in hindsight. It was nice to hear a few tunes from Get Happy!!, but the guy seems to be going through the motions with so much of the material. I won't be paying money to see him again until he decides to do something interesting.
I know what you mean. . .he does seem to be coasting a bit with the Imposters shows over the past year or so. That's one of the things that concerns me with the Police shows. I have no qualms that being part of the highest grossing tour of the year is a great move for EC. It will put him in front of hundreds of thousands of people who may not have been exposed to him otherwise. I'm just afraid that he will continue to play it safe and trot out the usual "hits" - that might be the best bet when capturing a new audience. Not much fun for those who have been following him for any legnth of time, however.

Who knows, maybe he'll surprise us.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Perhaps we should add Leonard Cohen to the roster since he announced his summer tour dates. There seems to be quite a few LC fans on this board.

On another note, it's a bit of a surprise that Nick Lowe and His Cowboy Outfit currently has twice as many votes as Rockpile. I figured that Rockpile would win out over Nick Lowe with his great post-Rockpile band. What's the deal???