Euro 2008 FFL

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Re: Euro 2008 FFL

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I remembered standing in Victoria Park in a pre-Radiohead stupor of anticipation that I'd forgotten to transfer. No big deal, I was doing shite. Otis Jnr was more upset that he'd also forgotten (without me around to remind him...).

Well done Spain tonight - they did to Russia what they had done to Holland. Arseshaving dropped in value from £25m and a future at Barcelona to £5m and a good chance of getting on the bench at Fulham!

Come on Spain, you can do it!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Final was a stinker I thought. Germany ultra-defensive until they got unlocked by Torres' pace.

Now silly season begins in Europe. I don't even have another Red Bulls game to attend until Beckham and company come to New York later in July. I may actually have to spend some time with my family! :shock:
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

Blue and I took a long walk through our neighborhood during the final game. Every single bar/pub/restaurant we passed was packed with people watching the game. We knew the game was over when a guy leapt out of a bar waving a giant Spanish flag, screaming and running down the middle of the street.... I love our neighborhood ;)
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I enjoyed the final, but then I did win money for Spain winning and D.Villa remaining top scorer. Not sure how Germany made the final, they were very poor.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Otis Westinghouse

Beautiful goal by Torres. There were some real moments of class, shame they didn't get 3 or 4. If Nihat had played in the semi, it might ell have been a Turkey v Spain final. First time in my lifetime that Spain have won anything! I remember how insane the whole of Madrid went in 1986 when they beat Denmark in the World Cup, quarter finals maybe. Last night was several notches up the scale (including starting fires and stuff - a bit extreme!). Shame Fabregas didn't turn it on. He was so impressive in the previous two games. Excellent tournament all round, lots of really good play and unexpected results.

Lovely to see Ballack losing yet again. He's made a career habit of it.

Deco could be a good move for Chelsea.
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

No-one's mentioned my glorious one point euro-fantasy victory!
Carefully calculated choice for the final.
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Congratulations, Fishfinger King !

Me, I've forgotten to change the team before the final. Not that I had any chance to catch up with the top three .....

Definitely best tournament since EURO 2000 in Belgium/Holland.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Wll done ffk. I almost caught you with maximum points in the final!
signed with love and vicious kisses
Otis Westinghouse

Congrats! I was shite. See you on Aug 16...
WalterGiffen

Post by WalterGiffen »

I remember David Villa's performance. what a memorable player. I liked it while he was in the field. in fact he himself brought European football to a new peak.

I remember David Villa's performance. what a memorable player. I liked it while he was in the field. in fact he himself brought European football to a new peak.