Dylan´s most heartfelt performance

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Bob And Charlotte

Dylan´s most heartfelt performance

Post by Bob And Charlotte »

"I dreamed I saw St. Augustine"

'I dreamed I saw St. Augustine,
Alive as you or me,
Tearing through these quarters
In the utmost misery,
With a blanket underneath his arm
And a coat of solid gold,
Searching for the very souls
Whom already have been sold.

"Arise, arise," he cried so loud,
In a voice without restraint,
"Come out, ye gifted kings and queens
And hear my sad complaint.
No martyr is among ye now
Whom you can call your own,
So go on your way accordingly
But know you're not alone."

I dreamed I saw St. Augustine,
Alive with fiery breath,
And I dreamed I was amongst the ones
That put him out to death.
Oh, I awoke in anger,
So alone and terrified,
I put my fingers against the glass
And bowed my head and cried.'

The best song from one of the (oops) two greatest records ever made :D
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I'm really starting to hate Bob Dylan! There, I said it. I know it's wrong, but I said it.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Bob Dylan is kinda like God... you may not like him or believe in him, but he's definitely something that has affected the world in a profound way. I could be obnoxious and list all the musicians who probably would have never started playing music (or at least anything interesting) if it hadn't been for Bob, but I'm not going to do that :lol:
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

MBA--I reluctantly agree. There is a part of Bob Dylan that will always be America's folk superstar, but the new Bob Dylan--the panty-commercial singing, leering old man Dylan is just wrong. Victoria's Secret? Bob Dylan is becoming the new Sting.

I can't find it now, but there is a very interesting and hilarious article about Dylan's foray into hawking hose on http://www.slate.com. The name of the article? "Tangled Up in Boobs."
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
alexv

Post by alexv »

Bob and Charlotte: In previous posts you have prompted us to consider: Dylan's top ten records; how Dylan ranks versus the Stones (or was it the Beatles?); which Bob Dylan song we are; and (this one for some reason was my favorite) which is Dylan's saddest song ever. That's all I remember. I may have missed others. Now we are being asked to dwell on his most hearfelt perfomance ever. There are probably a number of us on this board who like Dylan (I am one of them), but this assault on our senses may be counterproductive. Miss BA may for all I know be feeling the effects of your breathless enthusiasm. Can I quote the great Roberto Duran and say: no mas (por favor)?
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

Funny article, SLC.....very strange combo, Dylan and the Secret!

I also recommend the highly informative "Why Athletes Pee On Their Hands"...look toward the bottom of the page, it's there!! :lol:
Here comes the mirror man
Says he's a people fan