New Dylan dates announced

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
HungupStrungup

New Dylan dates announced

Post by HungupStrungup »

The Endless Tour goes on. Dates for the 2004 winter-spring phase have been announced, and since some of our intrepid board members might be interested, here's the link for details:

http://bobdylan.com/live

The dates announced so far are in Tulsa, St. Louis, Chicago (3/5-7 at three different venues), St. Paul, Milwaukee, Detroit, Toronto (3/19) and Washington DC. The presale for DC, Tulsa and one of the Chicago dates is going on today (2/13), and the link above will tell you the password(s).
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

the 3 st louis shows are in a glorified bar. it is a great venue. saw elvis there. i had my reserved seats in the 4 row balcony minutes after they went on sale. all 3 shows are sold out.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Having seen Dylan three times between 1998 and 2001, I think at this point I'd only see Dylan again if he's playing in a small venue or it costs $30.

The fact that he barely plays any guitar anymore, and is limited to clink-clinking on a keyboard kind of puts me off too.

Sad, considering Dylan is like my favourite singer/songwriter/musician of all time. I guess I'd just rather spend the money on all those albums of his I still don't own, or some of the good books that have been written about him.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Pov

Post by Pov »

I love Dylan but he has got to be one of the worst live performers I've ever seen. I actually fell asleep at a show he did at Radio City Music hall a few years ago. Listening to all those boots from the '60s through mid -70's - where he sounds great - has to make you wonder what the heck happened to him.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I think you have to be able to appreciate the voice that he has on albums like Time Out Of Mind and Love and Theft in order to appreciate his live performance in the late 90's and early 00's. I was extremely impressed and entertained when I saw him in 1998, 2000, and 2001. Though having heard bootlegs of 2002 and 2003 performances, I was much less impressed.

I think most live performers shift and evolve and change throughout their career. There are always some tours where they are on top of their game (whether it be due to individual abilities, backing band, or material) and other tours where everything seems to be off. Luckily Elvis has been extremely consistant in his career thus far.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

Atlanta, Philadelphia and Boston dates have been added, as well as the Bonnaroo Music Festival in Tennessee. There are a couple of gaps in the schedule, and nothing is listed from mid-April to mid-June, so I think more cities will be announced soon.
Sometimes it delays it"
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

bob and the band were rockin' last night. big white cowboy hat, tippy toeing around, leaving to get a different harmonica better to his liking twice during songs, mumbling to us once. he seemed to be having a good time. 4 from love and theft plus cold irons bound, 61, tombstone blues, like a rs, watchtower, and more. it was a good one.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Glad to hear you had a good time, oily.
HungupStrungup

More dates

Post by HungupStrungup »

Tickets for a second DC date (the Warner Theater, 4/4) and for Boone, NC (The Holmes Center @ Appalachian State University, 4/7) go on sale tomorrow, March 6. There's a presale today.
Sometimes it delays it"
HungupStrungup

Ireland date on sale - more to come I'm sure

Post by HungupStrungup »

6/27 - Galway, Ireland, Pearse Stadium

This is the only date in the British Isles already in sale as of 3/22, but shows in England (Newcastle only), Wales and Scotland, and another Irish date have been announced.

Also, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Portugal are on the Summer Tour schedule. Dates through mid-July are all that have been posted so far.
Last edited by HungupStrungup on Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes it delays it"
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

Cardiff and Glasgow tickets are now on sale.
Sometimes it delays it"
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

Next Friday and Saturday, dates in Asheville, NC and Columbia, SC have been added to the itinerary.

And on top of the DC shows this weekend, there'll be an appearance tonight at a venue there called the 9:30 Nightclub.
Sometimes it delays it"