Guidance, please, for Glastonbury

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
ice nine

Guidance, please, for Glastonbury

Post by ice nine »

I have been to five New Orleans Jazzfest and it is the best, but I have never been to London and been thinking of going to Glastonbury. At first I was excited about going, but I have read some blogs and they say it can get disgusting with all the walking, carrying your gear, and five days without showering. Do you have to camp at the venue or can you leave for the nights and come back in the mornings? Is there a VIP ticket you can buy or is everything general admission? Any answers are appreciated.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
Teresa the Waitress

Re: Guidance, please, for Glastonbury

Post by Teresa the Waitress »

First you have to get from London to Glastonbury which is in Somerset. I have never been and what has put me off is that it is all camping, and the toilets apparently get disgusting, plus if it rains it gets muddy. Other than that, people go back year after year and love it!
ice nine

Re: Guidance, please, for Glastonbury

Post by ice nine »

Thanks, Teresa. The more I read about it the less excited I get. However, if I were to go I would not do the camping bit. I would get a B&B or a hotel near the campgrounds. I have never been to London so I might make Glastonbury for one day and do other stuff.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain