2 tone

Pretty self-explanatory
supplydavid

2 tone

Post by supplydavid »

Not sure if this is the right place for this but moving some of my old vinyl and noticed my can't stand 2 tone single is missing!

Anybody know of a reasoanbly priced copy out there....ebay $125!
Harry

Re: 2 tone

Post by Harry »

That's seems rather a lot but then again I haven't seen a copy around for quite a number of years.
I went to Coventry a month or so ago (to give a lecture to some art students) and ended up having a look round the "-Tone museum that they now have there.
Dave Wakeling (from the Beat) is raising money for charity by giving a guided tour of Coventry in which he'll talk about his involvements with various 2-Tone legends.
Mr Wakeling is a big Costello fan (See the biog of his website). He is very proud Costello covered Stand Down Margret and enjoyed working with him on the Nelson Mandela single
bobfrombob

Post by bobfrombob »

Yeah, $125 is high.

If you keep looking on eBay, they come up fairly often. You should be able to get a copy for about $50. That's still a crap load of money for a single that was originally given away but for $125 you should be able to get 2 or 3.

BTW, do people know if this orignally came in a 2 Tone sleeve or not? Most of the copies I see now are in a plalin white sleeve - is that the way it was originally circulated?

Cheers
littletriggers

Post by littletriggers »

If you contact Ted at rockonrecords he will usually sell you a copy from between 15 and 25 pounds I guess, I was up at his place a few years back and could of bought by the box for £12.50 each .